Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Iron Constitution. 02/08/2021 02:03 PM CST
I'll agree with the premise: something should change here.

It's a spell that mitigates alpha strikes. Yes, that's not ideal when your guild's big thing is alpha strikes.

This is more complicated than "just make it signature". It is an option, certaintly, but it's not necessarily THE solution. Selling IC in tattoo form was, in retrospect, a mistake. But it's out there.

I'm not advocating for a particular thing to happen. I own and use this tattoo. If it ends up getting nerf'ed, or becomes signature, I'll deal. I'm open to whatever solution is needed for the health of the overall game. That said, I want to push back on the idea that there is a single solution. It's not a simple fix, despite the wish to make it so.

Some things that could happen:
- Staff could do absolutely nothing.
- Iron Constitution could become signature.
- IC could become less effective in general.
- IC could become less effective when used by non-Empaths (similar to a lot of Trader magic).
- IC could be changed so it works one way for Empaths, and a completely different way for others.
- IC could get a MAF-style change, where it works with different rules in PvE versus PvP.
- The barrier review could actually happen.
- Staff could come up with a smarter idea than one that's been presented thus far.

I don't know the answer. I think coming at this with the viewpoint that there is a definitive "correct" choice to proceed is misguided. Striking the right balance is never easy.

Again, if they change things -- regardless of what they do, and how it impacts me personally -- I'll deal.

What I suspect will happen: I think they're going to punt.
- I firmly believe this tattoo will never be sold again.
- I wouldn't be surprised if IC scrolls stopped dropping.
- I imagine non-Empaths getting access to this spell in any form is going to be a lot harder.

- I
Re: Iron Constitution. 02/08/2021 05:04 PM CST
>>No one is going to quit if refunds or exchanges were offered.... Sure they would stomp their feet and cry, Thats the player base now.

Alternatively, if IC stays… are you going?

Just trying to continue weighing the pros and cons of IC working the way it is.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Iron Constitution. 02/16/2021 08:37 PM CST
People keep saying they won't make IC signature because people paid RL money for it.

I have had a GM come down and nerf a quest reward I received that was deemed too powerful. Granted, I'm still mad about it ~15 years later, but it has happened before.

--
Re: Iron Constitution. 02/17/2021 08:39 AM CST
>>Granted, I'm still mad about it ~15 years later

Not sure if accidentally or intentionally pro-keeping things as they are.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Iron Constitution. 02/17/2021 01:01 PM CST
>I have had a GM come down and nerf a quest reward I received that was deemed too powerful. Granted, I'm still mad about it ~15 years later, but it has happened before.

This is what other people are suggesting. Nerf IC for non-Empaths. That's the equivalent of what you had happen to you, a nerf to IC would be a nerf to IC tattoos.

Your reward got nerfed, it didn't get taken away.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page