Can NMU's get a way to discern if Rage is on them? 12/16/2020 11:44 PM CST
With the introduction of Rage of the Clans items at Corn Maze, I have to ask - would it be possible for Non-Magic-Users to get some way, any way, to know if Rage of the Clans is currently active on them other than just waiting and seeing if you get an expiration message? It doesn't even have to be IC. With most spells, I can check INFO or EXP MODS, but Rage gives nothing there. Would it be possible for EXP MODS to include RAGE? Or to have some other method?

Alternatively, if that's not possible, can we at least have a way for NMU's to check the cooldown is up on these items? Perhaps the artificer in question put a glowing indicator rune? Currently, the only way to know if the item is ready to use is via FOCUS, which is barred to NMU's.

- Saragos
Re: Can NMU's get a way to discern if Rage is on them? 12/17/2020 12:24 PM CST
>>Alternatively, if that's not possible, can we at least have a way for NMU's to check the cooldown is up on these items? Perhaps the artificer in question put a glowing indicator rune? Currently, the only way to know if the item is ready to use is via FOCUS, which is barred to NMU's.

Would be neat if the mana lenses from awhile ago came back and provided more focus details like that.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Post:About_the_lens..._-_5/23/2011_-_21:38:33

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Can NMU's get a way to discern if Rage is on them? 12/17/2020 12:40 PM CST
Would be better if we just entered the modern game design millenia and just let characters see what buffs/debuff are on them naturally without needing to spend ability slots to do so / locking 2 classes from seeing anything but their own..

🤷‍♂️

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Can NMU's get a way to discern if Rage is on them? 12/17/2020 05:59 PM CST
Actually, a friend who plays a Barb just let me know that Barbarians have magic spells displayed just like normal in their spell window. Is there a reason why it's only Thieves who can't?

- Saragos
Re: Can NMU's get a way to discern if Rage is on them? 12/17/2020 08:01 PM CST
Barbs have a meta-ability (Meditate Power) that transposes our snowflake inner fire system into the mana bar and lets us see the duration of our abilities in the active spell window. Without this ability, you can't see them in the mana bar/spell window.

It's interesting that this has a side-effect of wands/spells cast on you also being visible in the active spell window. It would indeed be nice for Thieves (and Barbs without Power) to check this stuff.