Somehow i broke my multistrike spells 04/11/2020 11:42 AM CDT
So i was fooling around with a fire flare focus i made and it seems after that, my multistrike spells dont multistrike....

Gar Zeng:
>tar gz 44
That will disrupt less than half your current attunement.
You trace a geometric sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Gar Zeng spell.
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant.
>
The Maelshyvean hierophant closes to pole weapon range on you!
>harn 2
You tap into the mana from two of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
R>
* With inexpert timing, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant jabs a bloodwood staff capped with an upturned claw of obsidian at you. You counter little of the staff with a haralun battle axe.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]
>
The Maelshyvean hierophant closes to melee range on you!
>
A sinister Maelshyvean hierophant gestures at you.
A crackling yellow haze forms up around a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant's form, quickly pooling up into a small, cohesive cloud in front of it. It quickly lurches forward in an erratic bolt at you!
You manage to avoid the crackling cloud, and it dissolves into fragments of quickly scattering yellow light.
>
A mass of writhing ebon tendrils slither out from under the hierophant's robes, leaping skyward as it begins to moan a gutteral incantation!

The Maelshyvean hierophant moves into a position to dodge.
>
Your formation of a targeting pattern around a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant has completed.
>cast
You reach out toward a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant with your left hand.
You contribute your harnessed streams to increase the pattern's potential.
Five blasts of electricity arc from you to it! <
Five blasts but only one shows?
Tendrils of smoke rise from its scorched abdomen.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

and a different spell
Fire Shard:
>tar fs 46
>
That will disrupt less than a quarter of your current attunement.
You trace a geometric sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Fire Shards spell.
You begin to weave mana lines into a target pattern around a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant.
>
* With weak timing, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant sweeps low at you. You dodge, barely managing to get out of the way.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent dominating.]
>
A sinister Maelshyvean hierophant gestures, muttering a quiet riddle.
A pair of immense ghostly hands sweep forward to grasp you in a translucent embrace!
With a bit of a struggle, you throw off the ghostly hands before they can lock around you.
>
A mass of writhing ebon tendrils slither out from under the hierophant's robes, leaping skyward as it begins to moan a gutteral incantation!

The Maelshyvean hierophant moves into a position to parry.
>
* With inept movements, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant thrusts a bloodwood staff capped with an upturned claw of obsidian at you. You turn aside little of the staff with a haralun battle axe.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
>
A pair of immense ghostly hands sweep forward to grasp you in a translucent embrace!
Struggling fiercely, you throw off the ghostly hands before they can lock around you.
>
You feel fully attuned to the mana streams again.
>

* Trying weakly, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant chops a bloodwood staff capped with an upturned claw of obsidian at you. You dodge, barely twisting out of a tight spot.
>
With a bit of a struggle, you throw off the ghostly hands before they can lock around you.
>cast
Your formation of a targeting pattern around a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant has completed.
>
You gesture at a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant.
Several shards of elemental flame fly at a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant!

The fire shard glances off its chest, singeing it a little.
The complementary nature of the spell empowers you.

and a third....
Stone Strike:
>tar sts 46
>
That won't affect your current attunement very much.
You trace a geometric sigil in the air, shaping the pattern of the Stone Strike spell.
>
* Trying weakly, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant thrusts a bloodwood staff capped with an upturned claw of obsidian at you. You knock aside little of the staff with a haralun battle axe.
>
A sinister Maelshyvean hierophant gestures at you.
A crackling yellow haze forms up around a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant's form, quickly pooling up into a small, cohesive cloud in front of it. It quickly lurches forward in an erratic bolt at you!
You raise your shield to intercept the the cloud, and with a crackle it explodes into a harmless shower of yellow light.
>

* Trying weakly, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant sweeps low at you. You dodge, just managing to get out of a tight spot.
>
Struggling fiercely, you throw off the ghostly hands before they can lock around you.
>

* Moving poorly, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant sweeps low at you. You dodge, barely managing to get out of the way.
>
* With inept movements, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant chops a bloodwood staff capped with an upturned claw of obsidian at you. You dodge, barely twisting out of harm's reach.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent dominating.]
>
* Moving weakly, a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant chops a bloodwood staff capped with an upturned claw of obsidian at you. You evade, just stepping out of harm's way.
>
>cast
You gesture at a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant.
A stone boulder rips itself free of the earth, shatters into many jagged shards and hurtles toward a sinister Maelshyvean hierophant!
The first shard leaves minor abrasions on its left leg as it bounces off.

I did log out and log back in and it seems to have stuck this way

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: Somehow i broke my multistrike spells 04/11/2020 02:58 PM CDT
It must be a Heirophant thing, spells are working fine in other places.

Sorry bout that

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: Somehow i broke my multistrike spells 04/12/2020 01:12 PM CDT

Nope, TKT and Stampede are broken too
Re: Somehow i broke my multistrike spells 04/13/2020 01:16 AM CDT
On April 7th, we made a change to expose more information about each strike in a multistrike spell to other parts of the magic system. It was intended to be a behind-the-scenes change allowing for spell customization on each strike. This change unintentionally overwrote the calculation for the total number of strikes done. As of this post, the bug has been fixed everywhere.

- GM Ynami