new weapon category 12/08/2018 01:43 AM CST
I'd like to see a new weapon category... siege weapons
remember the days of mangonels, ballistas, and scorpions? I'd like to see at least one siege weapon atop every gate in the Crossing to start with. These could train the siege skill not only by firing at enemy invaders, but by practicing shots repeatedly fired safely into the wilds. Role play would surround these and I would have my siege team respond to any incursions. In time i see all cities having them at their gates.
X
Re: new weapon category 12/09/2018 01:35 PM CST
>>remember the days of mangonels, ballistas, and scorpions?

Have you seen my Dwarven iron arbalest? It's already a "seige" weapon. ::Raspberry::

I'm wondering, since there are so many weapons skills now, if this wouldn't fit better into the "armor" skillset (read: Defending). Maybe we could have these types of weapons actually use the Defending skill and not create a whole new skill to accomplish the same thing you suggest...?

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: new weapon category 12/09/2018 01:37 PM CST
Oh, and they would train Defending on use as well.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: new weapon category 12/10/2018 02:51 PM CST
Instead of firing it yourself, it would be neat if Tactics gave you the ability to give accurate instructions to a group that does the firing for you. That way, it can be an extension of a skill that already exists/can be trained. If it was made into its own skill, I could imagine it languishing without a true purpose other than another route of TDPs.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.