Does the magnetism of Magnetic Ballista include metal projectiles lodged inside? 09/10/2018 12:43 AM CDT
As in, if I'm fighting someone who wears no metal equipment, but I hurl 3 spears(or axes, swords, etc) and they all stick to them, will that now attached metal cause them to be pulled by the force of Magnetic Ballista?

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: Does the magnetism of Magnetic Ballista include metal projectiles lodged inside? 09/16/2018 03:16 PM CDT
I haven't tested lately, but my guess is no. It's kind of rare anyway to get someone who's not using any metal.

- Saragos
Re: Does the magnetism of Magnetic Ballista include metal projectiles lodged inside? 09/16/2018 04:22 PM CDT
>As in, if I'm fighting someone who wears no metal equipment, but I hurl 3 spears(or axes, swords, etc) and they all stick to them, will that now attached metal cause them to be pulled by the force of Magnetic Ballista?

It does, as I found out in hilarious fashion during an invasion outside Haven this week:

Rzin hurls a fused-shut steel lunchbox painted with screaming faces at a veteran orc gladiator. The lunchbox lands a good strike (3/23) to its chest!

The steel lunchbox lodges itself shallowly into the veteran gladiator!

You lay your hand upon the earthen ballista, allowing your magical senses to drift through your fingertips and seep into its very depths. Near the point where the ballista meets the natural earth, you notice several normal rocks which will serve well as ammunition. Mentally grasping the nearest portions of the magic pattern, you coax the pattern to seek a large rock and draw it inside the ballista.
The earthen ballista grinds with the sound of stone on stone as a large rock rises up from within it and sets itself atop the launching device.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

A heavy earthen ballista shudders slightly and makes a noisy thrumming as it launches a large rock at a veteran orc gladiator!
A veteran orc gladiator is jerked forward by its komno and steel lunchbox!
It manages to get out of the way of the large rock!
Re: Does the magnetism of Magnetic Ballista include metal projectiles lodged inside? 09/16/2018 11:43 PM CDT
Jeez. I'm going to have to learn MAB again, aren't I?
Re: Does the magnetism of Magnetic Ballista include metal projectiles lodged inside? 09/17/2018 05:29 PM CDT
Huh, go figure.

- Saragos