Adventure cards 02/02/2018 02:00 AM CST
Wouldn't it be fun to put adventurers of the past on cards? ... remember Rock?, or Ollyander, or Gurt or, or. This would in keep the lost alive through memories and study. It wouldn't matter if these old souls returned, or even new souls in old bodies as they are legends in their own right and have earned their place in history.
X
Re: Adventure cards 02/02/2018 10:38 AM CST
>This would in keep the lost alive through memories and study. . . they are legends in their own right and have earned their place in history.

It's not the same, but if you play a storyteller, come by a Tavern Troupe event or maybe one hosted by the Order of the Black Fox. There are people like me who really enjoy hearing about Elanthia's storied past, and it's cool to hear the perspective of other people who might remember the person or event as well (sometimes very differently). If you're not a storyteller, maybe find one of the bards (or posers like my character) in game and we can talk a while and write something based on your memories.

Maybe one day the best of those stories can be added to the game as a book (or sanowret crystal), but, even if not, telling stories about people from the past is a great reminder that DR is pretty unique in that it's a persistent roleplaying world with a living history beyond the official lore of the game.
Re: Adventure cards 02/02/2018 12:45 PM CST
Rock has a bust in the Apostles headquarters in Crossings, since he was a/the founder of the order.

I wonder how much is left on the Wrens Nest.

Mir, Sky, Joy, the original Skra Malign, my buddy Darkskye. Lots of trailblazers gone, not all forgotten.
Re: Adventure cards 02/02/2018 05:02 PM CST
I love this idea

- Felicini
Re: Adventure cards 02/02/2018 05:59 PM CST
I had the idea to try to get one altered to be a card of my character. I forgot if I ever tried though.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!