Magic 3.2 - Status Summary 04/11/2016 11:28 PM CDT
We're getting close to finishing the push on Magic 3.2. With only a few exceptions everything that's going to be in 3.2 is on the test server. ~300 spells have been updated plus a good sized smattering of the core (Huge thanks to Grejuva, Naohhi and Melete). This isn't anything on the scale of Magic 3.0 (maybe equal to 3.1?), but it's been big.

The full change log is FAR too long to put on the forums, you can view it all here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLgYXPfWNEA0E4g74CQkeFOgij2WPDMAud80KcCJvy8/

We're keeping that up to date as we go along.

There's a few minor updates I still have planned for the core that might sneak into 3.2, but they're not going to gate it's release.

There's also a number of updates I'd like to see to specific spells but they, too, are not going to gate 3.2's release (Particularly for Rangers, Paladins and Bards). The goal of 3.2 was not to fix every spell in the game but to do large scale re-balancing of mana regeneration, debilitation and targeted magic. It happened to be that some spell updates got dragged into it. It's also possible another spell or two might slip into the release that are not currently on test.

So what is holding us up?

Ranger's still need two more spells (Memory of Nature is getting a rewrite and Frontier Grit is going to be a new spell to replace Claws of the Cougar's old function).

I'm still not confident Heavy TM is where we need it to be (And creature AI needs some updates around using it). I pushed a new version onto Test yesterday but don't have any real feedback on it yet.

We've agreed on a brief preview period when this all goes live but we're still discussing to what extend (if at all) we're going to allow spell wipes.

Otherwise we're just waiting on QCs and player feedback - so if you have a chance please get on test, see how it all feels and let us know.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things