[TEST] Magic Change Log 03/28/2016 11:55 AM CDT
For those of you following the ongoing updates to magic that are currently on the test server you may have noticed that tracking what's changed is getting rather... scattered across multiple folders.

To remedy this I've put together a quick change log of what's currently on Test. You can find it here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zLgYXPfWNEA0E4g74CQkeFOgij2WPDMAud80KcCJvy8/edit?usp=sharing

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/04/2016 11:54 AM CDT
Some general updates to Test I just rolled out (along with Bard spells):

Introduced a mana template for TM between 'normal' and 'complex/AoE'. This is currently being used for Rebuke, Vivisection, Siphon Vitality and Starlight Sphere (and will likely be used for a few yet to be converted spells). The idea is that these are TM spells that do something a little more than a single shot of damage but don't justify going all the way to the complex template.

Heavy TM spells: Removed the 30 second placeholder cooldown that was on Test so your tests will now match what you can expect to see when the system goes live, barring further adjustments. I did reduce the base cool down by a minute from where it was but slightly slowed scaling with TM. Increased damage template.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/05/2016 09:56 AM CDT
I've recently rolled out some updates to the damage templates to an assortment of TM spells on Test.

Chain Lightning: Weighted damage towards electrical.
Gar Zeng: Weighted damage towards electrical.
Fire Rain: Weighted damage towards fire.
Rimefang: Weighted damage towards slice. Lowered potency threshold to recover two blades at once.
Stone Strike: Weighted damage towards puncture.
Air Lash: Weighted damage towards slice.
Blufmor Garaen: Weighted damage towards physical component.
Phoenix’s Pyre: Weighted damage towards fire (when Will of Winter is not in place).
Smite Horde: Weighted damage towards slice.
Acid Splash: Randomized both damage components to match USOL.

(I'm still working on the general Ranger updates, but their spells will see a similar treatment.)

-Raesh

Re: [TEST] Magic Change Log 04/10/2016 04:02 PM CDT
I just rolled out some more tweaks to TM on the test server.

All TM - Fixed a bug that was capping damage too low. The cap will now mirror that of other ranged weapon attacks. This can only result in an increase in damage.
Armor Piercing spells - Slightly increased balance, slightly decreased power.
Heavy TM spells - Greatly increased power, moderately increased balance. Increased crit chance.

-Raesh