Strength or Skill 04/27/2008 09:44 PM CDT
Ok, I just lost my pole. Dang fish pulled it out of my hands. What will help. More skill in fishing or do I need to train my strength.

~N~
Re: Strength or Skill 04/27/2008 09:53 PM CDT
>>Ok, I just lost my pole. Dang fish pulled it out of my hands. What will help. More skill in fishing or do I need to train my strength.

Use weaker line. That way the line breaks instead of the pole getting yanked. Fishing in shallower water also helps. I've also heard that using smaller hooks also helps -- smaller hooks -> smaller fish, less chance of a big fish yanking your pole.

You belt out, "Avast! Prepare to be boarded!"
>jump ferry
Gathering up your courage, you take a flying leap toward the other ferry and land on its deck.
Re: Strength or Skill 04/27/2008 10:03 PM CDT
Ok, thanks for the advice. Would you happen to know where I can get another pole. I am around Crossing at this time. I really don't want to take another couple boats. Just got back with my bait.
Re: Strength or Skill 04/27/2008 10:20 PM CDT
>Would you happen to know where I can get another pole. I am around Crossing at this time. I really don't want to take another couple boats.

if you premie, i believe there is an area on the amusement pier in crossing. also, you can snag free ones off the skirr when its docked. other than that, i believe lang is closest place.

~Artilius
Re: Strength or Skill 04/27/2008 10:20 PM CDT
Where are you fishing when you get your pole snatched? If you're short on finances such that you can't just run off to buy another pole, there are two-sometimes-three locations where you can get free gear. The first is on the premie amusement pier. The second is on the Skirr'lolasu that runs between Crossing and Ratha, and the third (if you are in prime) is down by the...Landfall Docks?...over by the bank and Riverpine Circle.

If you fish on the amusement pier and the segoltha side of the Skirr's travels, none of the fish will ever pull the pole out of your hand even if you're a weakling gnome. The blue muskalundge, yellow creppoo, small turtles, red nomlas, and orange grek are all too weak to even break the line.

The evil monsters living in the river, though, that's entirely a different story.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Strength or Skill 04/27/2008 10:33 PM CDT
>> believe lang is closest place.

They sell collapsible poles in Ilaya Taipa, but the best bait is in lang anyway. (Handmade lures or some such.)

You belt out, "Avast! Prepare to be boarded!"
>jump ferry
Gathering up your courage, you take a flying leap toward the other ferry and land on its deck.
Re: Strength or Skill 04/27/2008 10:42 PM CDT
Hey!! I just happen to be a Gnome. Was fishing at Haven where you board the barge when I lost my pole. Thanks for the help.