Fishing 09/01/2013 10:34 AM CDT
I have been fishing for several weeks now and have tried everything. Dancing, Yanking, Pulling, Pushing, All different types of bait, keeping my line in from 5-80 seconds before I recast and everything in between. No matter what I do I just cant seem to get close to our old fishing records. I don't know if Animal Lore is still checked and the hooks didn't get changed over to outdoormanship or what but I am running out of ideas. You would think after several weeks I would have been able to by shear luck tie or at least get close to one of the old records.

Ideas?

Outdoorsmanship: 1224 82.32% clear

Also posted in Abilities, Skills and Magic > Bugs

Waiting for results..................................................................................................................
Re: Fishing 09/01/2013 12:25 PM CDT
>>Ideas?

Well it is Winter in game. I don't know if its ever been said if seasons have an impact on the fishing system or not.

* Zadraes was just swallowed out of existence by Elanthia.
Re: Fishing 09/01/2013 06:57 PM CDT
I've noticed the same thing (in TF), using the identical script I was using in 2.0, fishing in the same spot, with the same gear, but I'm unable to even come CLOSE to my old records. I have a sinking suspicion that Animal Lore played a role in determining weight before, and without that score to call on now, there is something off. (This could be totally untrue, but it is the only thing I can think of).

Thanks Z for making the updates in TF (not sure if they were rolled out everywhere). If you have time to look into the formula and see if anything is fishy, that'd be great!

Thanks again,
GENT
Ratha Fishing Record board 09/12/2013 04:00 PM CDT
So the Ratha board looks like the other ones(it's actually there), but it doesn't have a section for local champs.
I'm guessing if they'd record for overall record they'd have a local section too?

Checking things for weight on that scale also didn't seem to mark them as being weighed as far as the other blackboards were concerned.

It's in the 1st tier bait shop which is a few blocks away from the fish buyer, if that helps finding it.

Re: Fishing 09/12/2013 04:09 PM CDT
i've had a few close to the overall record, but i've got really high outdoorsmanship, and 0 animal lore. I always use the biggest hook and line I can. Unless a 9 hook is larger than 70 - I never figured that one out.

In my crazy head-

As far as bait goes- some just aren't very good for certain waters, like I imagine an ocean fish won't care about a worm as much as a river fish. Some are just good baits, and will attact about anything, like meat or live fish. And some are better for catching or finding specific fish. If you kind of think about the fish type and the bait you're using you might be able to get an idea of how it works.
For each water variety, I have a list of 2 baits that they'll jump out of the water to get, and 2 that are good, but not as good.

also some fish might just be rarer? like common, uncommon, rare

Re: Ratha Fishing Record board 09/12/2013 04:17 PM CDT
>I'm guessing if they'd record for overall record they'd have a local section too?

Only Land and FC have local boards; it's up to the area owner to add them and not a whole-system thing.
Re: Ratha Fishing Record board 09/12/2013 04:31 PM CDT
crossing amusement pier too
unless there's one on aesry, that'd be every fishing board but Ratha that has local champs.
All the other places just have buyers and not boards or scales.

Re: Fishing 09/12/2013 06:12 PM CDT
>>As far as bait goes- some just aren't very good for certain waters, like I imagine an ocean fish won't care about a worm as much as a river fish. Some are just good baits, and will attact about anything, like meat or live fish. And some are better for catching or finding specific fish. If you kind of think about the fish type and the bait you're using you might be able to get an idea of how it works.

I'll admit that I haven't really tested this enough to make any solid claims, but ALL of my records in TF were made using worms and store-bought poles with whatever hooks and lines they come with. Meth and I have been trying to beat the 2.0 records and can't even come close. I've been using the same setup I had before (worms, store-bought poles), but Meth has been experimenting with different setups. I honestly don't think it is possible to beat the 2.0 records anymore. My hunch is that AL was a factor in the previous weight determinations, and now that AL doesn't exist, it is a variable that is zeroing out, making it impossible to attain the previously attainable weights. (Total guess on my part, obviously I can't test this for sure).

Has anyone been able to beat a 2.0 record in Prime? If so, what was your setup? Can you provide specifics?

GENT
Re: Fishing 09/12/2013 11:49 PM CDT
<<I'll admit that I haven't really tested this enough to make any solid claims, but ALL of my records in TF were made using worms and store-bought poles with <<whatever hooks and lines they come with. Meth and I have been trying to beat the 2.0 records and can't even come close. I've been using the same setup I had <<before (worms, store-bought poles), but Meth has been experimenting with different setups. I honestly don't think it is possible to beat the 2.0 records anymore. <<My hunch is that AL was a factor in the previous weight determinations, and now that AL doesn't exist, it is a variable that is zeroing out, making it impossible <<to attain the previously attainable weights. (Total guess on my part, obviously I can't test this for sure).

<<Has anyone been able to beat a 2.0 record in Prime? If so, what was your setup? Can you provide specifics?

REPOSTED FOR EMPHASIS. If you have any ideas let me know. But I really think it is bugged.

Waiting for results..................................................................................................................
Re: Fishing 10/04/2013 08:56 AM CDT
Posting again about fishing being bugged. I have tried everything I can think of. Different locations, different fishing poles and bait, keeping the line in the water from 3-80 seconds each cast, pushing, pulling, dancing, yanking.

Outdoorsmanship is not a problem. Outdoorsmanship: 1229 65.42% clear I have fished for about 8-10 hours a day for the last 5 weeks now with still no success. I can keep tying my local records but those are not anywhere near the old champion records. If someone could look into this that would be great. My theory is that it is still checking for animal lore and the hooks haven't been changed properly to Outdoorsmanship I know when the records were originally set, all Copertop did was cast, wait 8 seconds, pull in the line, repeat. So nothing special.

Local Champions

~Fish caught by local fishermen~

Name Date Weight Fish

Methadone | 138th day of year 410 | 44 | blue muskalundge
Methadone | 154th day of year 410 | 11 | flat-eyed creppoo
Methadone | 152nd day of year 410 | 22 | red nomlas
Methadone | 147th day of year 410 | 8 | small turtle
Methadone | 128th day of year 410 | 44 | orange grek

5 Record Catches!

Champion Fish of Elanthia

~Largest fish of each kind caught to date~

Name Date Weight Fish

Copernicus | 155th day of year 399 | 59 | blue muskalundge
Copernicus | 199th day of year 399 | 27 | flat-eyed creppoo
Copernicus | 167th day of year 399 | 35 | red nomlas
Copernicus | 155th day of year 399 | 21 | small turtle
Copernicus | 167th day of year 399 | 58 | orange grek

Re: Fishing 10/04/2013 12:21 PM CDT

might be true... i don't know how many new local champion 11 stone creppos i've gotten
Re: Fishing 10/15/2013 01:14 PM CDT
Just posting about fishing.......again

Still cant get anywhere close to the old records. I know everyone is busy with 3.1 coming out soon, but when someone gets a chance I really wish they could possibly take a look.

The local records after 3.0 came out on 10/4

Local Champions
Name Date Weight Fish
Methadone | 138th day of year 410 | 44 | blue muskalundge
Methadone | 154th day of year 410 | 11 | flat-eyed creppoo
Methadone | 152nd day of year 410 | 22 | red nomlas
Methadone | 147th day of year 410 | 8 | small turtle
5 Record Catches!

And those records today.

Local Champions
Name Date Weight Fish
Methadone | 180th day of year 410 | 44 | blue muskalundge
Methadone | 192nd day of year 410 | 11 | flat-eyed creppoo
Methadone | 197th day of year 410 | 22 | red nomlas
Methadone | 185th day of year 410 | 8 | small turtle
5 Record Catches!

I can keep tying the post 3.0 records with ease but they are still not anywhere near the pre 3.0 records. (the Pre 3.0 records are in my last post and almost double the post 3.0 records)