Strength 09/26/2009 06:13 AM CDT
one thing i was looking for as it wasn't listed on elanthepedia.

And this is the closest category i could find,

Exactly what strength reqs to reduce the RT on specific weapons, and categories of weapons.

Also omitted on the site, although it listed some guild abilities/spells that increase strength was bear dance <barbarian>, and ranger bear strength spell.

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: Strength 09/26/2009 07:55 AM CDT
>>Also omitted on the site, although it listed some guild abilities/spells that increase strength was bear dance <barbarian>, and ranger bear strength spell.

If only the site was editable by anyone and wanted community input to help make corrections like this...

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: Strength 09/26/2009 09:56 AM CDT
yeah, well, i'm not so good at editing. last time i ventured on was only to put on a few of my char's backstories. I'm much better at spinning a tale than figuring out the edit commnads.

And secondly, it still doesn't answer the question.

RTs for strength levels, anyone?

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: Strength 09/26/2009 10:04 AM CDT
>>RTs for strength levels, anyone?<<

While I believe this used to be the case a long while back (strength used to be the only thing that factored into RT reduction) I don't believe this is the case any longer. I believe it is now a combination of strength/agility/weapon weight. Someone more knowledgeable than I will probably be able to give you a better idea but I know when I wanted to find out min rt for a weapon I searched and found something useful on Soim's site.. I don't recall the link and I no longer have it.

Damian, a voice from the distant and long-forgotten past.
Re: Strength 09/26/2009 10:57 AM CDT
It's based on a few things: Your strength and agility and the corresponding's weapon's suitedness from strength and weapon's balance, respectively. Weight typically follows through with more weight increasing to the potential suitedness from strength and less balance potential potential (for forged weapons).

- Simon
Re: Strength 09/26/2009 11:46 AM CDT
Try using this calculator: http://www.sarvatt.com/RT.htm

Dont know if its accurate but might give you an idea of what's involved.
Re: Strength 09/26/2009 11:50 PM CDT
>If only the site was editable by anyone and wanted community input to help make corrections like this...

We tried to allow people to edit without making an account, but the level of annoymous defacement was unacceptable.

If you are willing to put the time in to help, a few more minutes to make an account shouldn't be too much effort.

Magic's Death Caraamon Makdasi,
Gor'Tog Barbarian
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Weapon Combo Balance List
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/balance.xls
Re: Strength 09/27/2009 12:09 AM CDT
>>RTs for strength levels, anyone?<<

>While I believe this used to be the case a long while back (strength used to be the only thing that factored into RT reduction) I don't believe this is the case any longer.

This is correct. But I have to say, I really don't understand how DR's collective memory is so short sometimes.
Re: Strength 09/27/2009 10:38 AM CDT
>This is correct. But I have to say, I really don't understand how DR's collective memory is so short sometimes.

Continual loss of board history and the inability to search well through the intuitive and easy-to-use interface?

-pete
Re: Strength 09/27/2009 07:50 PM CDT
problem is, you have the combination str agility etc; and i'm still trying to figure out how much I need of each for this particular character in order to reduce the 6 sec rt she gets on HE and 2HE <using a forged bastard sword>.

So if someone could figure out a table like Soim used to have with STR alone when that was the only factor and stick it up on elanthepedia it would be handy.

Re: Strength 09/27/2009 08:07 PM CDT
Yeah... if it was easy to do I think someone woulda done it by now.

I had no luck finding such a thing when I was trying to figure out how much strength I needed to swing around my Khuj at lower RTs for my cleric or get a solid guess on what weight of mace to use at what strength.

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: Strength 09/27/2009 09:15 PM CDT
List the appraisal on the HE and 2HE for the bastard sword.

Remember that all appraisals are ranges of numerical values.

How much strength and agility is that particular character working with currently? What guild (if any currently) is this character?

- Simon
Re: Strength 09/27/2009 09:52 PM CDT
at the present time: 20 agil, 20 str. human. barbarian.

A bastard sword is a heavy edged melee-ranged weapon.

The bastard sword appears generally best suited for slicing attacks.

A bastard sword is a two-handed edged melee-ranged weapon.

The bastard sword appears generally best suited for slicing attacks.

You are confident that the bastard sword is moderately strong, and is in pristine condition.

The bastard sword is made with metal.
The bastard sword has a bit of weight to it.
You think it is likely that the bastard sword is worth about 12500 kronars.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

Re: Strength 09/27/2009 10:07 PM CDT
What's the weight of the bastard sword and the balance/suitedness of the weapon?

What abilities that boost strength or agility does the Barbarian know up this this point for him/her?

- Simon
Re: Strength 09/27/2009 10:35 PM CDT
((Strength * Suitability) + (Agility * Balance)) / (Suitability + Balance)

Dragoonseal came up with that formula for Sarvatt's site (which is apparently down). I would use that if you wish.

My personal advice is to utilize your abilities depending on the weapon you are holding. If the weapon is more balanced, use agility boosting abilities; if the weapon has more suitedness for strength, use more strength boosting abilities.

- Simon
Re: Strength 09/28/2009 01:17 AM CDT
it weighs 51 stone. and thats all she can see on appraisal, can't see suitedness yet.

she has cobra dance which help agil, but not bear dance yet for str.

Re: Strength 09/28/2009 01:20 AM CDT
Cobra dance doesn't help agility. It boosts melee weapon ranks.

I would just keep boosting your agility and strength to 30 and then evaluate from there. You probably should move your agility more so after that.

She does have a small strength boost right now in berserk blood if she chooses to use that, but I don't think it will make much of a difference for roundtime. But, test it out and see.

- Simon
Re: Strength 09/28/2009 05:56 AM CDT
There's a site, I'm not at my home computer so don't have it now, that has a table with categories of weapons and RT's for the weight, has been fairly accurate so far to me. I've seen that formula though also. I put the formula into a spreadsheet so I could mess around with the variables and, unless I did something wrong, the suitability and balance did nothing to the RT. From 1 - 1000, it didn't change the number. The strength and agility did, but nothing else. What I saw was str+agil/2.. Can anyone play with that formula and tell me, did I mess something up putting the formula in despite checking it multiple times?

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
Re: Strength 09/28/2009 07:57 AM CDT
http://www.sarvatt.com/RT.htm

Re: Strength 09/28/2009 08:19 AM CDT
Going to guess that you're looking at about 42 in str and 39-40 agil for min RT for that weapon on 51stones. Based on Strength alone looks like it'll be around 61-62 str keeping agil at 20.

Re: Strength 09/28/2009 10:58 AM CDT
Is the 51 stones accurate (did you get it weighed at a shop)? I just want to bring it up because you posted your appraisal....appraisals are only accurate if you get a "certain".

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: Strength 09/28/2009 11:42 AM CDT
yup, got it weighed at mamas.

Re: Strength 09/28/2009 12:05 PM CDT
51 stones is definitely something you have to grow into. One of my earlier characters was a Barb and he used a 28 stone bastie even around 40th. If you're looking to hit min RT, you're going to be waiting a long time with that sword unless you completely neglect everything but str/agi.
Re: Strength 09/29/2009 08:06 AM CDT
yeah, the 28 stone ones aren't that easy to come by over here. guess i'll have to wait til i get better then forge my own.