Forging Metals 09/10/2005 09:27 PM CDT
Rumors are that lumium and niniam will soon be used in forging weapons. Is there any truth to this. Due to the fact of the rising cost of these metals I ws wondering.
Re: Forging Metals 09/11/2005 12:36 AM CDT
They have always been an option and have been used in certain mixes for quite a while now just the results aren't as dramatic as say...with damite/glaes/kertig

I am --- Navak
Re: Forging Metals 09/12/2005 09:31 PM CDT
If i am not mistaken the price of lumium is prohibitive considering you can achieve the same effect with coal dust.Lumium was originally a material that allowed you to lighten a mix thus making a strong blade with less weight.Coal dust does that now.I believe that once forging 2.0 goes in that will change or at least be less atractive of a method to lighten a mix.
Re: Forging Metals 09/13/2005 07:08 AM CDT
>Coal dust does that now.I believe that once forging 2.0 goes in that will change or at least be less atractive of a method to lighten a mix.

As I understand, and this info is fairly old, the big difference will be 'dust that makes steel' will have a weight and volume.

That will make lumium more attractive. Say goodbye to crap (ok, below cap :P) construction and boosted prots/absorbs from superdusted mixes. Thank the gods.

I bet common material prices jump while those that have lumium/ninium try to sell for max cash. Thats only going to drive the special metal armor market up, creating room to juice common material armors, and weapons.
Re: Forging Metals 09/13/2005 07:15 PM CDT
I thought the change was that coal would add weight but not volume? Though I have no idea where the forging 2.0 plan has gone in the past year or two.

I am --- Navak
Re: Forging Metals 09/14/2005 10:51 AM CDT
>I thought the change was that coal would add weight but not volume?

At present it adds neither.

If there is weight added, there must be volume there. I can't wait to compress end-dust. LOL.