Ssra... another GM told me you're the one to harass 07/19/2005 05:34 PM CDT
My moonie was having encumberance problems, somewhat with his helm/gloves/shield in his pack, light when everything was worn. Trained str 20->22, and stam 17->18 upon circling. The somewhat/light burden has not changed.

As a player for many years, and of many characters, I've dealt frequently with str/stam/encumberance, and have never seen a 3 point increase to have absolutely no effect (at least not visible). The GM that helped me wasn't sure, and suggested I bark up your already crowded tree, so here I am! Am also going to put this in bugs, as it seems to fit in there as well.

Ristyl

P.S. Character in question is Lyseeth, sans last name.
Re: Ssra... another GM told me you're the one to harass 07/19/2005 11:40 PM CDT
I believe sometimes you need to relog in the game for stat increases to take effect.

~Setzic
Re: Ssra... another GM told me you're the one to harass 07/20/2005 12:47 AM CDT
Replied the same in the bugs folder, logged in/out twice, once in the presence of an assisting GM.

Ristyl
Re: Ssra... another GM told me you're the one to harass 09/05/2005 12:05 PM CDT
I know this reply is kinda old. I don't read this folder that often.

<<As a player for many years, and of many characters, I've dealt frequently with str/stam/encumberance, and have never seen a 3 point increase to have absolutely no effect (at least not visible). The GM that helped me wasn't sure, and suggested I bark up your already crowded tree, so here I am! Am also going to put this in bugs, as it seems to fit in there as well.>>

The way to test whether a strength/stamina increase helps your burden is to do the famous copper test. I believe it was 5 copper = 1 stone of weight (someone correct me if I'm wrong). But basically you would strip yourself down and hand over all of your items to someone else and then keep withdrawing copper from the bank until you find yourself at a light burden. The exact cross-over point will change as you raise your strength/stamina. By using a "test" such as yours, you can not prove one way or another that the 3 stat increase did not increase your encumbrance tolerance.

~V