I have gotten fat 05/11/2005 11:45 AM CDT
Just a quick question about encumbrance. Has there been any changes that would take me from no encumbrance to somewhat burdened. I have been gone for 7 months and have not noticed anything on the boards that would clue me in. If there is anything please let me know. Otherwise I will have to raise abilites to compensate.
Re: I have gotten fat 05/11/2005 12:02 PM CDT
Check your herbs. Substances were changed and a lot of them got heavier.

Drex
Re: I have gotten fat 05/11/2005 12:03 PM CDT
There was a racial adjustment a while back but I think it was greater than 7 months ago.

"All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others." ~~ G.O.

Re: I have gotten fat 05/11/2005 03:09 PM CDT
definately check herbs, chances are all if not most of them are "old" and probably useless... there's an alchemist student in every province that you can give herbs to and get new ones in their place

Souv

You sense (N, S) from your current position:
A relatively healthy presence nearby.
Roundtime: 6 seconds
Re: I have gotten fat 05/14/2005 03:34 AM CDT
>definately check herbs, chances are all if not most of them are "old" and probably useless... there's an alchemist student in every province that you can give herbs to and get new ones in their place

IIRC, in most cases 'old' herbs and other items with parts such as flints get converted to the 'new' system when you hold them or use them the first time. When they rolled out the changes, you would sometimes have to interact with an item in your pack twice in order to use it. The first try would apparently fail, but it was actually the conversion taking place, and after that it was fine. The alchemist student is for recalcitrant items that refuse to be updated.

Try transferring each item that has parts (herbs, foods, water, flint, etc etc) in your inventory between two containers by hand and if you still have a problem, visit the student.
Re: I have gotten fat 05/14/2005 04:21 AM CDT
the count verb can also be used to make sure your substances are converted to the new system.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF