burden in dr2 07/10/2004 05:56 AM CDT
Okay i think this is the right folder for this, i seem to get burdened with much less stuff on me then i used to before dr2, is it supposed to be like that ?

Krdunduskas
Re: burden in dr2 07/10/2004 08:39 AM CDT
It's your buggy herbs. Take a bite and the burden goes UP.

~Dulcinia

You get some crushed honey comb from inside your leather haversack.

You pull your honey comb through your hair, wincing as it drags on the tangles.

You pull your honey comb through your hair, brushing it out.
Re: burden in dr2 07/10/2004 09:42 AM CDT
<<It's your buggy herbs. Take a bite and the burden goes UP.

Nope, it's a new game mechanic. Flatulence.

Just wait a couple of hours ...
Re: burden in dr2 07/10/2004 04:02 PM CDT
It seems like herbs weigh more now as well. I didn't weigh them before the switch to DR2 so can't really compare them but I just foraged up several herbs and it took me to It's amazing you aren't squashed! where as before it put me at about very heavy burden.

Xavain
Re: burden in dr2 07/10/2004 04:33 PM CDT
Just found out I can only put three jadice flowers and one yelith root in my Wayerd pyramid now, if i try to put another yelith root i get the "That's too heavy to go in there!" message. For referance they are each 30 part precisely foraged. If this was done on purpose by the GM's then so be it I can work with it still but I think it's part of the encumberance issues so wanted to point it out.

Cartigan
Re: burden in dr2 07/11/2004 04:05 PM CDT
>Just found out I can only put three jadice flowers and one yelith root in my Wayerd pyramid now, if i try to put another yelith root i get the "That's too heavy to go in there!" message. For referance they are each 30 part precisely foraged. If this was done on purpose by the GM's then so be it I can work with it still but I think it's part of the encumberance issues so wanted to point it out.

I'm not sure if you're following the similar discussion on another board (I forget which one), but besides the new DR2 encumbrance bug, there is another pre-existing bug with careful and precise items that dates to the release of foraging 2.0 quite a few months ago. The bug is that careful and precise items are initially created with the same weight and appraisal values as a normally foraged example of the same type, even though they may have more parts. When you consume a part of the precise or careful item, its weight and appraise values are recalculated to what they should be. The catch here is that when you combine careful or precise items together, the app and weight values are not corrected, so the error is multiplied. This is also true if you dry them, crush them, or make them into potions. The weight and app values aren't recalculated until you take a bite or otherwise consume a part.

In the case of your 30-part precise jadice flower, that's five precise herbs of six parts each that because of this bug incorrectly have a total weight of 25 stones. That weight stays the same even after drying or crushing. Only when you take the first bite is the weight correctly reset to 29 stones. The net effect from the player's perspective is that you have magically gained four stones of weight when this is actually a bug being corrected.

Maybe part of what you are seeing is the actual correct weights of your herbs being taken into account. However, last night I personally checked the bug I am talking about, and it has not been fixed yet, so it is clear there is another bug with encumbrance that is new with DR2.

FWIW I have been posting and BUGging about this on and off since I first noticed it about four months ago. It doesn't seem to have been given very high priority by the bug-fixers.
Re: burden in dr2 07/11/2004 06:45 PM CDT
I read that but just a few days prior to DR2 i was able to put 3 each of geo grass, jad flower, yel root, and nem root in the pyramid. Each 30 part and each precise foraged. Since the bug you referance is an old one wouldn't it have been affecting me then as well?

Xavain
Re: burden in dr2 07/11/2004 11:22 PM CDT
It isn't that because I could fit 20-30 things in my pyramid before that were all 25-30 parts.

I am --- Navak
Re: burden in dr2 07/13/2004 03:12 PM CDT
Is this herbs/burden thing something they have deemed a bug and are working on yet? I'm usually not a conspiracy theorist, but I keep getting this icky feeling that they are trying to make it harder still for use herbs. First the quantities were knocked down (cebi used to last for a long time) then I couldn't forage all the herbs I used to be able to get, now I can't carry them in combat, which is when I use them.
Re: burden in dr2 07/15/2004 03:37 PM CDT
Naissura hefts the iron skippet and puts it on the medium balance scale. She patiently adds small sacks of stones on the other side till the beam becomes exactly level.

Naissura squints at the balance beam needle and says, "There's some stuff in here. All told, the skippet weighs about eighty-two stones," and puts the skippet on the counter. - Thats a heavy box, its not just herbs that weight more now.

Krdunduskas
Re: burden in dr2 07/15/2004 03:45 PM CDT
>Naissura squints at the balance beam needle and says, "There's some stuff in here. All told, the skippet weighs about eighty-two stones," and puts the skippet on the counter. - Thats a heavy box, its not just herbs that weight more now.

I'm pretty sure that metal boxes could weigh in the 80's before DR2.

Apu
Re: burden in dr2 07/16/2004 08:29 PM CDT
Not sure this has been brought up yet but I merely counted each herb in my apron and my burden went from none to light.

Kelyan