burden formula 12/15/2003 03:50 AM CST
Does anyone know the formula for calculating how meny stones you can carry ?

Krdunduskas
Re: burden formula 12/15/2003 09:24 AM CST
>> Does anyone know the formula for calculating how meny stones you can carry ?

Have no idea, but somebody does, because they made this calculator, which is on Ranik's site:

http://www.rangerrawb.com/ranik/burdencalc.php

Of course I'd be intested to know how the armor thing plays into this. Why does the weight of my armor go away when I wear it? Where does it go?

-/\/\
Re: burden formula 12/15/2003 09:33 AM CST
>> Does anyone know the formula for calculating how meny stones you can carry ?

Um..... SOIM! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: burden formula 12/15/2003 11:00 AM CST
The armor's effective weight is reduced by the fact you are wearing it and it is centered.
Chain mail in the hand feels as if it weighs much more than when it is distributed across the body.
There's a racial reduction chart detailing that somewhere...

http://arthedale.com/olvi/soimstats.html#racenc

Under racial encumberance. (Soim's stats)

Jerevth
"For no one in this world can you trust, not men, not women, not beasts. (points to his sword) This you can trust."
Conan's Father
Re: burden formula 12/16/2003 03:37 PM CST
>> The armor's effective weight is reduced by the fact you are wearing it and it is centered.
>> Chain mail in the hand feels as if it weighs much more than when it is distributed across the body.

Yeah, I figured that, and read up on it a bit more after I posted. The interesting question is how does that work mathematically.

...which seems to be on the page you posted.

" Therefor with my iridescent blue hauberk(high), chain balaclava(light) and pair of mesh gilded handguards(fair) the math would be (60 + 20 + 10) * .8 = 72 ranks min. or (69 + 29 + 19) * .8 = 93 ranks max. meaning somwhere between 72-93 ranks I will have trained off as much hinderence as I can with that armor combo."

Too much for me to think about though. Sometimes I feel better not knowing.
Re: burden formula 12/16/2003 11:02 PM CST
I just nodded my head and took it for granted that it worked, too.
I'm certain Soim's brain is wired for math in a hardcore way.
Me? I'm just a gremlin hunter and work on instinct and intuition.

Jerevth
"For no one in this world can you trust, not men, not women, not beasts. (points to his sword) This you can trust."
Conan's Father