How much do herbs weigh??? 02/08/2003 04:52 PM CST
I mean come on. I'm wearing no armor, I have a leaf blade sword, a hooded cloak , a full herb pouch, a half full gem pouch, a dress, and a few pieces of jewelry. I have a stregnth of 20, and I'm a Puff. And I'm burdened??? Geeze...
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 02/08/2003 09:17 PM CST
Do you have coins in your pockets? Just a couple of coins add up fast.

~Katrenos

When in danger or in doubt,
Run in circles; Scream and shout

Unofficial Dragonrealms Player Motto
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 02/08/2003 09:57 PM CST
Blocil berries are 1 stone each, I think most other herbs are 5 stone each. Player made potions/salves weight is based on what it was made in (so never make potions in large containers ie. critter boxs, packs, backpacks, etc). I would think that herb weights will come down with the substance rewrite.

~Ambreene
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 02/10/2003 11:51 AM CST
Apparently the substance rewrite is going to revolutionize DR as we know it when it comes to EVERYTHING that we can pick up in the realms. Problem being, I haven't heard from Fial in a long time about any updates. Last I knew, things were moving along swiftly and it was coming out "soon" but then he disappeared for the longest time. I don't know if we'll see it anytime soon, unless Fial comes back with it already written and ready for QC.

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 02/10/2003 03:05 PM CST
Give Fial time, he's only one GM, and this is a lot bigger of a project than Magic was, I assume.

Steel.

A good friend is one who bails you out of jail. A best friend is the one sitting next to you saying "Damn that was cool! Let's do that again!"
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 03/02/2003 02:29 PM CST
New substance system stuff will weigh based on how many uses they have left.

GM Fial
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 03/03/2003 06:34 AM CST
>>New substance system stuff will weigh based on how many uses they have left.

>>GM Fial

Wow, great, love it!
Now we can tell about how many uses we have left before we actually run out.

THANKS!!
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 03/03/2003 08:32 AM CST
something is still seriously wrong though when 1 herb--won't go into a pouch because its "too wide".

case in point, <this occured in plat>, I "picked up" a cebi root up in Muspar'I... and it wouldn't fit in my pouch.

my pouch was empty at the time.

very odd.

-Shayddow-

This doesn't look like a good place to finger-waggle.
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 03/03/2003 08:37 AM CST
I think that was written for just the gonif family.

The player of Timargnon/Peperic
"In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks." - Calvin and Hobbes
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 03/03/2003 12:04 PM CST
Actually this means I won't be the one getting into trouble for finding all the bugs in Plat now :cheers:

I'm still having trouble with herbs that come out of a pouch then refuse to go back in. (all that is in the pouch is a jadice flower, yelith pulp, and ithor potion, and one applies some pulp to someone else and it won't go back in?) As much as I like to stay organized and have herbs in one container, tools in another, general miscellany in my pack etc etc... I've rather given up on herbs staying the same size, or my pouch staying the same size, and just toss it all into my pack or greatcloak. The rummage sure gets very long results though :cover eyes:
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 06/03/2003 08:51 PM CDT
>>case in point, <this occured in plat>, I "picked up" a cebi root up in Muspar'I... and it wouldn't fit in my pouch.
>>
>>my pouch was empty at the time.
>>
>>very odd.

I noticed something similar too. However, the cebi root was indeed in my bag of alchemical supplies for a while. Along with several other Cebi roots. But then I took it out once, and I can't seem to get it back in no matter how many herbs I pull out of it.
___
Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought to myself, ?Where the heck is my ceiling?"
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 06/04/2003 06:59 AM CDT
very often i will take herbs from my wand belt and not be able to get them back in after i have eaten some

Crymthann Dubh
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 06/06/2003 10:40 PM CDT
<general herbs not fitting in the pouches they came from>

I have had some monumentally bad times with this lately. At first I was pretty nonchalant about it. "Oh, I'll just dump everything out and re-pack in some logical fashion." Unh uh. I packed and re-packed...they just wouldn't go in like they were before. I remember them, when they were all there in one place. They seemed so happy. I'll always remember them in their little herb pouch. I hope this is addressed in some fashion one day. One day... sniffle

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 06/06/2003 10:56 PM CDT
Never take them out!

-Grid

Through me you feel the void from where the sad sounds come.
~Jerry Cantrel, "Feel the Void"
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 06/07/2003 12:03 AM CDT
I've been told that getting the pouch wet makes it shrink, and it won't fit as much as it used to until it dries. I don't know if that's true, never really tested it, but it's fun to relate old wives' tales :-)

~ Nutawa

Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 06/07/2003 01:37 AM CDT
>>>"Oh, I'll just dump everything out and re-pack in some logical fashion." Unh uh. I packed and re-packed...they just wouldn't go in like they were before. <<<

This has always happened. I always thought after taking a bite out of some herb it expanded. Sometimes leaving out the hisan sal or cebi root out of the pouch let all the other herbs fit. Then I started always leaving them out and it still happened. I thought it was the Nemoih root or the Plovik leaf because they seemed to last longer. I tried leaving roots out of the herb pouch and put grasses in, that seemed to work but some leaves would fit and some would not. Right now I have as many herbs in my duffel as in my herb pouch cause I havent taken the time to resort my herb pouch to figure out which few herbs are causing the problem.

Life without friends is like a glass without wine. (Empty)
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 06/07/2003 09:55 AM CDT
<<I've been told that getting the pouch wet makes it shrink, and it won't fit as much as it used to until it dries.>>

Just out of curiosity, how would one go about getting their pouch wet? I swim and the messaging says I'm wet, doesn't mention my items ... items which can be damaged by water get wet but pouches? Or was this a joke and I'm missing it in my early morning, pre-caffeinated state?

Gizella
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 06/07/2003 11:10 AM CDT
>>Never take them out!

Best advice ever.

I try not to, but when I did this last time it wasn't intentional. I had a jadice flower in my backpack and one in my herb pouch. When I tried to "get j flower" it defaulted to the one in the herb pouch even though I had last interacted with the one in the backpack. It set off a chain of events that led me down a very dark road. I don't like to think about it.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 06/07/2003 11:52 AM CDT
This is why I carry all my herbs in a soldier's supply bag.

Lots of herbs.

Pack your shield.

~Kodiac

"The best leaders inspire by example. When that's not an option, brute intimidation works pretty well too."
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 06/16/2003 08:17 AM CDT
If I was the only one that used the herbs, I wouldn't. However, I hunt a lot with gnomes, and they don't like to carry anything they don't absolutely need. One of my functions on the hunt is to be the walking medicine cabinet (when I'm with gnomes, I'm also the one who has to get stuff off the top shelf). I have to get herbs out to give them to others, and it has gotten to be common to not have them fit back in.
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 06/17/2003 05:18 PM CDT
>>I hunt a lot with gnomes, and they don't like to carry anything they don't absolutely need.

I definately agree about not carrying anything extra. I'm a gnomish ranger, and I'm in constant need of herbs. I try to carry one of each, and they all seem to fit in my cloak well enough, but the weight can be a major problem, so I don't carry any potions at all.

I drained massive amounts of TDP's into strength, but I'm still constantly falling over from the small garden in my cloak.

Oh well, maybe that's why there aren't many gnomish rangers...

-Twilm
Re: How much do herbs weigh??? 06/18/2003 10:10 PM CDT

Stamina does twice as much as strength for alleviating burden for a gnome.

Next time put them into stamina.