This has got to be a bug. 07/11/2002 03:08 PM CDT
P>dance
You are so unbalanced you cannot manage to leap to your feet.
(Roundtime: 2 seconds.)
PR>go arch
...wait 1 seconds.
PR>dance
PR>dance
PR>dance
PR>
...wait 1 seconds.
PR>enc
Encumbrance: None

PR>dance
PR>dance
P>
PR>dance
PR>dance
PR>dance
You leap to your feet!

Steel.
Re: This has got to be a bug. 07/11/2002 07:38 PM CDT
Let's say you had an 80% chance to stand. You failed that check seven times. Unlikely? Yes. Possible? Yes!

-Seldaene
Re: This has got to be a bug. 07/11/2002 09:05 PM CDT
Yes, standing is obviously bugged and I believe it has been said that it is bugged multiple times. It's easy to see why just by getting no burden, kneeling, and trying to stand. There are times in which you'll actually fail to stand somehow, although I don't see how it is possible.

Get up from your chair right now, fall to one knee, and then try to stand up. I really don't know how it's possible not to be able to do so, and I guarantee that I don't have the kind of agility and grace that my character does.

Hopefully it will be fixed as well as the issue with helping someone to thier feet, which is currently WAY too difficult as well, and there's not even a skill check involved to get better at.

-Teeklin Tessenoak, Proud Ranger of Elanthia
Re: This has got to be a bug. 08/28/2002 02:57 PM CDT
>> PR>enc
>> Encumbrance: None
>> PR>dance
>> You are so unbalanced you cannot manage to leap to your feet.
>> (Roundtime: 2 seconds.)

You are comparing apples and oranges. You had no encumbrance but you were probably totally unbalanced. Instead of ENC you should have typed BAL to check your balance. Kneel and parry to get your balance back.
Re: This has got to be a bug. 08/29/2002 10:39 AM CDT
--Hopefully it will be fixed as well as the issue with helping someone to thier feet, which is currently WAY too difficult as well, and there's not even a skill check involved to get better at.--

Strength makes it easier to pick people up as well as discipline
my Tog with very high strength can pick up even the fattest empaths most the time and my mage with 50s in dis is pretty good at it too... strength monger is a tog disc monger is a skra...
maybe race plays a factor too as well as circle which people often forget about.
Re: This has got to be a bug. 09/07/2002 04:39 PM CDT
Heh, ye obvously never played a gnome. I spend half my days trying to stand either from unbalance or encumbrance.