Quick Encumberance Question 04/09/2002 09:10 AM CDT
Quick question

My main char is an Eloth so I've done some experimenting with different types of containers. I've found that belt worn and back worn containers seem to produce more encumberance with the same contents than shoulder worn containers. Also I once heard that spidersilk containers have a magical property that slightly reduces the weight of the objects being carried in them.

My question is: Do various types of containers really produce different amounts of encumberance like it seems and if so which types of containers produce the least amount of encumberance? (For example which carries the least encumberance a belt worn sheath or a shoulder worn scabbard?)

Thanks!

-Little Eloth
Re: Quick Encumberance Question 04/09/2002 11:08 AM CDT
Just a quick note on the spidersilk.

They don't make things lighter. They themselves are lighter and spidersilk has the amazing ability to expand thereby holding more items.

Chanerelle
Re: Quick Encumberance Question 04/09/2002 09:56 PM CDT
Thank you for the info on Spidersilk, I didn't know that. I have a new appreciation for my spidersilk pouch...of course now I feel compelled to see how much I can stuff into it, giggle! :-)

It seems that spidersilk would definitely be an advantage as far as encumberance goes. I may have to experiment with using it as my main non-weapons container and see if that will get me from light burden to none. I have the feeling it would, that would be great! <Beam!>