Warcat Hypnotize 02/20/2004 12:11 PM CST
Kids, can we come back to reality with this spell?

I'm not talking about it ignoring primary magic skill right now, actually (spell vs. statistic is bad, evil, and wrong: magical prowess depends on skill: DragonRealms is a skills based game, is it not?). I'm talking about the effects of the spell itself. Let's look at Hypnotize. How does it work? You cast it at something and it feels non-violent for a while. Your critter becomes a Trader, or an Empath, for a few roisaen. However! If you should attack said critter before the duration of the spell expires, it remembers itself and becomes mean, nasty, and angry again.

Why doesn't warcat Hypnotize function the same way? I've been watching a warcat Hypnotize someone, then attack them, and the person stands there impotently, like he's a GameHost.

Okay, so that was a bad joke. Seriously, if Hypnotize makes a critter calm until it's attacked, it should only make an adventurer calm until he's attacked again.

Love,

Lieutenant Ainandil Arambar of the Rathan Fencible Regiment

Nickels says, "We're glad pictures not."
Re: Warcat Hypnotize 02/20/2004 02:59 PM CST
>>Okay, so that was a bad joke. Seriously, if Hypnotize makes a critter calm until it's attacked, it should only make an adventurer calm until he's attacked again.

I've never been to warcats, but are they getting the somewhat less agressive on you, or the passive message?

Level 1) Somewhat less agressive; calmed.

Level 2) Passive is not calmed it is hypnotized; under the caster's control until it wears off.

Level 3) Extremely relaxed; very very difficult to achieve, have to far outclass opponent to achieve, short term immobility.

Unfortunately this spell already does function differently on players than on critters so I'm not sure if you passify a player [with another player] attacking them breaks that. However, attacking a critter from a passive state doesnt [and isn't supposed to] release them. If they are only achieving the level 1 effect on you, you should be good to go when attacked, if not it's bugged.

I am not arguing with you - I am telling you.

James A. McNeill Whistler
Re: Warcat Hypnotize 02/20/2004 03:03 PM CST
I know that I can break the hypnosis on a hunter by casting ES and then SD on them. They get angry and it ends.
Re: Warcat Hypnotize 02/20/2004 10:18 PM CST
that spell is annoying. For the long toothed variety resistance at about 90% efficiency is 33 disc 23 charisma. sabre toothed are evil;).

Arrys
Re: Warcat Hypnotize 02/21/2004 04:04 PM CST
>>that spell is annoying. For the long toothed variety resistance at about 90% efficiency is 33 disc 23 charisma. sabre toothed are evil

Out of curiosity, how high do both of them teach?

I am not arguing with you - I am telling you.

James A. McNeill Whistler
Re: Warcat Hypnotize 02/22/2004 10:58 AM CST
Mid Expert?

Oh and with 40 disc and 29 Charisma I seem to get hypno'd quite alot.

Dwidus

ISP - ~$20 a Month
Subscription to DragonRealms - ~$13.00 a Month
Watching Your Characters get Wimped - Priceless
Re: Warcat Hypnotize 02/23/2004 01:58 PM CST
>>>that spell is annoying. For the long toothed variety resistance at about 90% efficiency is 33 disc 23 charisma. sabre toothed are evil

Out of curiosity, how high do both of them teach?

Long toothed are in the low 200's somewhere sabre toothed I would completely guess are a 300 rank defense critter. Their ambush is plain nasty.

Long toothed can be found with orc bandits in the rope area. The orc bandits are greater offensive threats assuming you can spot the hidden warcats. The main long tooth warcat threat is the mesmerize while fighting the bandits or an ambush while engaged to bandits.

>Oh and with 40 disc and 29 Charisma I seem to get hypno'd quite alot.

Concentration 245?

Arrys
Re: Warcat Hypnotize 02/23/2004 02:40 PM CST
No

Dwidus

ISP - ~$20 a Month
Subscription to DragonRealms - ~$13.00 a Month
Watching Your Characters get Wimped - Priceless
Re: Warcat Hypnotize 02/23/2004 07:18 PM CST
Circle helps Concentration. Thx.
Re: Warcat Hypnotize 02/23/2004 10:28 PM CST
Concentration = (Circle+1)*((Disc/10)+1)

Still had that formula stashed away in my saved files, saw it posted on the Empath boards a while back, 3 years ago I think.

~~~Krin
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
"Goblins ... aisle 6, Mycthengelde ... hunt smart, hunt S-Mart!"
"You whine like a mule ... you are still alive!"
"Call me Snake."
Re: Warcat Hypnotize 02/27/2004 11:35 AM CST
go into scouts and let them shoot ya with a rock it ends it, but yeh any attack even misses should end it

Don't fear the dark, fear what hides in it.
Re: Warcat Hypnotize 03/04/2004 04:09 AM CST
>Still had that formula stashed away in my saved files, saw it posted on the Empath boards a while back, 3 years ago I think.

think it's still valid? not implying anything, just an earnest question.

brandon

Heck no, that would ruin my destruction of the guild. I'll be aiming for the trash that everyone throws out.

GM - Talian

IRL if i'm fighting a narcoleptic and they fall asleep midway through. The fight is over.

Rebwolf
Re: Warcat Hypnotize 03/04/2004 11:35 AM CST
>think it's still valid? not implying anything, just an earnest question.

When I use it it still gives me the right answer rounded down.

Arrys
Re: Warcat Hypnotize 03/28/2004 12:45 AM CST
Heh I have 390 concentration and got hypnotized by one of these the other day. Quite annoying.

--Just a "clueless" Squire
Re: Warcat Hypnotize 03/28/2004 01:32 AM CST
with 420 concentration they rarely if ever effect me, so inbetween 390 and 420 somewhere must be the key number.

schvartz

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack