Rock Trolls 01/11/2004 07:43 AM CST
I'm not going to post my stats; suffice it to say that rock trolls teach me quaternary weapons, and two skills I'm not supposed to be training.

>The troll laughs monstrously and chants, "Aex zok mikgrek!" Suddenly, the ground begins to shake, the very rocks shuddering beneath the mystical might of the troll's words!

The earth beneath your feet begins to shake violently!
You manage to remain upright, but are a bit wobbly!
A rock troll manages to remain upright!

>The ground rumbles and shakes with a violent aftershock!
You are thrown to the ground by the heaving of the earth!
A rock troll manages to remain upright!

I don't know whether it's relevant, but my hands were empty at the time, I'm well ardent in brawling, and stance was:
>You are currently using 100% of your evasion skill.
You are currently using 0% of your shield block skill.
You are currently using 0% of your weapon parry skill.

Folks -- can this be tweaked back to reality? A rock troll shouldn't be able to anything to me with magic that a Barbarian can't.

Thanks much.

Father Ainandil

Cause I keep bad company
I'm trouble
So go on stay away from me
I play the villain
You don't know where we've been

Lining 'em up again.
Re: Rock Trolls 01/12/2004 10:23 PM CST
your reflex is probably bad.

first its an sva spell which means balance is important to defeating or overwhelming the opponent.

first one unbalanced you, second one hit you twice as hard because you had a handicap modifier

some SvA spells don't take balance into equation but only ones so far that I've seen do that is dazzle and TV which they don't really take anything much but mana into equation either <g>

--The light is blinding and purges all in its path, leaving only shadows behind, but long after the light has dwindled the shadows will remain to rise and swallow the ruins in darkness