Adan'f shadow mages 12/21/2003 07:18 PM CST
Initially, when they first got their magic it was obviously too low. Not a single spell they cast on me was able to get past my resistance. However, on the other hand, why shouldn't that be the case for a 50th mage casting on a 99th mage? Not really a huge issue on my part, I don't see any reason why they should be adequite against me, but this seems to be a bit much.

These guys seem a bit tough, for the level they should be (ie, ~50th creatures) I just tested vs 15 casts of DO. All were at melee range, me against it. Both solidly balanced, no other creatures in the room. Out of the 15 casts, 7 stunned me, 8 gave me external bleeders while the 7 which stunned me also gave me internal bleeders, a total of one was dodged, one was deflected by armor, and one damaged my armor. Almost all were under the influence of TV, while I always had both Major Physical Protection and Benediction cast which should more than adequitely overcome the TV's skill/stat lowering.

This is a bit much, for a creature which is supposed to be on level with warriors. Warriors take 3 in a multi sutation before they start hitting me, while the mages are able to stun me and give me both internal and external bleeders one on one.

As usual, PFE seems less than adequite agaisnt the spells cast by evil creatures. A fully cast enormous prep spell of PFE was able to "protect" me by lowering the duration on TV from 4 minutes to 3 minutes. It did not seem to help against the DO, but I didn't really play with that much. TV seems unresistable overall. Is it a WvW spell, or does it have it's own contest?

Since the magic went in, there have only been a handfull of hunters I've seen go in and not come back out dead. All of us that have survived are so skilled that Adan'f barely teach us in the first place.

Overall, I feel like these things are too skilled for how little their warrior bretheren teach me. They should be about on-par with the warriors in capability to hit, while I find them much more skilled and much more damaging than warriors have been to me in at least 6 months, even with their (warriors) special attack.

I'm sure many other people are noticing the same thing.

- Smeg
Re: Adan'f shadow mages 12/21/2003 07:32 PM CST
Yes, they need some downtweak. FOr the skill needed to hunt them, they would not be teaching folks anything. Quite simply, as they stand now, their magic is beyond most folks who hunt there. This change in Adan'f will make Shard a ghost town.

Daxlynn Tarhkanna of Ilithi
Re: Adan'f shadow mages 12/21/2003 08:15 PM CST
It does seem like they have a lot of targeted magic, I wouldn't complain if it was tweaked down a bit.

-Path

Westryl says, "I'll only roleplay a female if I can get stuck in the void with Pathian."
Re: Adan'f shadow mages 12/22/2003 06:45 AM CST
I've not come back down to try them out, cuz basically I'm assuming the worst. But Previous to them losing magic. Their magic had been Tweaked and they would MB as soon as I entered the room, and send me all kindsa nasty twitching.. Their DO's I normally dodged, and their TV was a hit miss kinda thing. But the hassle is, that's against 1, add the normal 8 others that come in at one time, it was no fun so I left em be. Since their magic has been gone, they have been ok to hunt (Good before the stealth nerf, bad after unless you hunt them at night).

Anywho, rambling done, I'll pop back down and see how they compare to how I remember them. I expect to end up with Severe Twitching and Dead.

Dwidus

ISP - ~$20 a Month
Subscription to DragonRealms - ~$13.00 a Month
Watching Your Characters get Wimped - Priceless
Re: Adan'f shadow mages 12/22/2003 10:34 AM CST
the way it is now, unless some tweaking is done, i expect a massive emigration from shard to rossmans. they are way overpowered.

the tv and do particularly.

even fighting from the shadows, i'm forced unless there is only 1 mage in the room to kill one and move on. and for those guilds that fight out in the open, it is worse, except for the dancing barbs that resist their magics.

schvartz

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Adan'f shadow mages 12/22/2003 11:12 AM CST
<<the way it is now, unless some tweaking is done, i expect a massive emigration from shard to rossmans

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Fix them! Fix them!
Re: Adan'f shadow mages 12/23/2003 03:40 PM CST
>except for the dancing barbs that resist their magics.

And that's been changed, I resist them rarely now as a 56th barb with 30 intel, 28 disc, and 26 charisma, also while dancing.

I try to kill them as fast as I can now, it's harder to hunt them now than it was before, but that's ok for me.

But I must say, that Smegul's magic problems is pretty darn wrong from his experiments, a 50th critter hitting him like that? If that was a player doing that to a Character, people would grab their pitchforks and torches and be bashing down some doors.

Ambassador Genneron, of M'riss

Ask me about my Order
AIM: Genneron
Li Tumbra Mir: The Order of the Iron Circle
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/FatherJarle/index.html
Re: Adan'f shadow mages 12/23/2003 04:08 PM CST
<<I just tested vs 15 casts of DO>>

Out of curiousity what are your applicable defense and stats like and do they get to fully target you before they cast?
Re: Adan'f shadow mages 12/23/2003 04:19 PM CST
>Out of curiousity what are your applicable defense and stats like and do they get to fully target you before they cast?

As far as I know, they get fully targeted. It is a ~20 second pause between them targeting and then casting.

At the time of the tests my applicable stats were all over 55 with 375 evasion. Like I said, they do not teach me much in groups smaller than 3. I had no burden and "fair" overall hinderance on my armor. 100% evasion stance.

- Smeg
Re: Adan'f shadow mages 12/30/2003 02:00 AM CST
maybe a problem with the way the handle tezirah's veil...some moon mage spells still don't act the same on a creature then it does on a player, mainly dazzle which is more or less in the same bout as TV

so it could be something akin that adan'f mages are just using an unintentionally suped up version of TV.

nearing 70th I couldn't hit a dancing 56th barb with a TV at that low mana, they don't prep it all too high for it to hit 4 minutes.

ohh and its Pure SvA, no TM-Evasion checks are involved that I know off atleast.

And for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about with Dazzle, dazzle gives players internal eye wounds when cast at them and not when cast at creatures it also figures the rt per mana count differently then it does vs a critter. The latter isn't as much proven as it seems to, first part has been proven countless times...

--The light is blinding and purges all in its path, leaving only shadows behind, but long after the light has dwindled the shadows will remain to rise and swallow the ruins in darkness
Re: Adan'f shadow mages 12/31/2003 04:16 PM CST
<<ohh and its Pure SvA, no TM-Evasion checks are involved that I know off atleast.>>

Tm vs Evasion are an inherent part of the SvA spell type. How much it's a matter of tm vs evasion depends on the spell itself, but as far as I know, it's supposed to be there in some respect. The moral of the story:

Evasion should help, how much is variable.

-Accipam
Re: Adan'f shadow mages 01/04/2004 09:32 AM CST
yes, evasion helps affectively 0% in the equation and TM helps effectively 0% on the caster side

but the equation for tm and evasion are still in there they just have a value of 0

so no they don't help

--The light is blinding and purges all in its path, leaving only shadows behind, but long after the light has dwindled the shadows will remain to rise and swallow the ruins in darkness