Rock troll magic 10/20/2003 02:45 AM CDT
Rock trolls seem a bit buggy...

The troll laughs monstrously and chants, "Rex baak de'a!" Suddenly, the ground begins to shake, the very rocks shuddering beneath the mystical might of the troll's words!

The earth beneath your feet begins to shake violently!
Small motes of light flicker for a moment around a rock troll, then fade.

if the spell failed due to MR why did the rocks shake...?

Yamcer

Time to drop the hammer and dispense some indiscriminate justice. - Terran Seige Tank
Re: Rock troll magic 10/20/2003 09:24 AM CDT
That's actually a 'feature' of the tremor spell. Does it when players fail the MR cast too.

I'll toss it to WM team, or take a look.

Talian
Re: Rock troll magic 10/20/2003 03:45 PM CDT
well it seems the troll's magic is pretty pathetic... haveing a thief with minimal MR and it can't get off a spell due to Magic resistance i think they need to start prepping higher or need a bit more PM.

Yamcer

Time to drop the hammer and dispense some indiscriminate justice. - Terran Seige Tank
Re: Rock troll magic 10/20/2003 06:35 PM CDT
Hmm, actually don't no magic users have a higher MR than magic users? I know on a lot of thieves you have to cast just like a mana higher than on people who can cast magic, but I could be wrong, tis why i asking.

Brother Goou Laughter
Re: Rock troll magic 10/20/2003 06:43 PM CDT
I gave em a smidge more PM and forced em to prep a lil higher. Lemme know what ya find.

Talian
Re: Rock troll magic 10/20/2003 07:24 PM CDT
hmmm still not getting through basic MR and they seem to be back firing quite a bit too... well i assume it's backfiring cause i see them "cast" but nothing happens...

I don't know the specifics of MR (circle or stat based), but these troll's magic is still not "working"

Yamcer

Re: Rock troll magic 10/20/2003 07:25 PM CDT
a quick log..

The rock troll closes to melee range on you!
The rock troll moves into a position to parry.
>
A rock troll begins growling a spell!
>
* Moving with powerful grace while happening to do the right thing, a rock troll jabs a sharp pine sapling at you. You evade.
[You're nimbly balanced with opponent in superior position.]
>
You feel fully balanced again.
>
A studded leather breastplate crumbles away to a fine dust.
>
>
The troll laughs monstrously and chants, "Koraf korht aneadak!" Suddenly, the ground begins to shake, the very rocks shuddering beneath the mystical might of the troll's words!

The earth beneath your feet begins to shake violently!
Small motes of light flicker for a moment around a rock troll, then fade.
>
The troll laughs monstrously and chants, "Aex zok mikgrek!" Suddenly, the ground begins to shake, the very rocks shuddering beneath the mystical might of the troll's words!

>
>
>
The troll laughs monstrously and chants, "Koraf korht aneadak!" Suddenly, the ground begins to shake, the very rocks shuddering beneath the mystical might of the troll's words!

>
The troll laughs monstrously and chants, "Aex zok mikgrek!" Suddenly, the ground begins to shake, the very rocks shuddering beneath the mystical might of the troll's words!

>

* A rock troll jabs a sharp pine sapling at you. You dodge.
[You're solidly balanced with opponent in good position.]
>
A rock troll searches the area.
>
A rock troll tromps in.
The rock troll begins to advance on you!
The rock troll is still a distance away from you and is closing steadily.
>
>
>
The rock troll closes to pole weapon range on you!
>

>

>
The rock troll closes to melee range on you!
>
>
>
The troll laughs monstrously and chants, "Acz aer sha'hhn!" Suddenly, the ground begins to shake, the very rocks shuddering beneath the mystical might of the troll's words!

>

>
A rock troll seems to be concentrating intently on something.
>
>
The troll laughs monstrously and chants, "Acz aer sha'hhn!" Suddenly, the ground begins to shake, the very rocks shuddering beneath the mystical might of the troll's words!

>

>
>ass
You assess your combat situation...

A rock troll (1: solidly balanced) is behind you at melee range.
A rock troll (2: solidly balanced) is flanking you at melee range.
A rock troll (3: solidly balanced) is facing you at melee range.
You (solidly balanced) are facing a rock troll (3) at melee range.

Yamcer

Re: Rock troll magic 10/21/2003 12:29 AM CDT
That's what happens when you don't train charisma or work you skills and just guild sit. Bad rock trolls!

You are Falconer Peperic Timarson of Ilithi, a Human Mime.
Re: Rock troll magic 10/24/2003 06:36 AM CDT
Ive noticed the same thing in rock trolls they try to cast about 6 to 10 times before they can get thier spell off but when they finaly do cast it fails to my bmr of course i am level 20 with full fire back training so that dosent seem to be an issue to me. However the rock trolls seem to be focusing an awful lot on thier spell and not so much on fighting some where around 5 cast attempts to 1 combat action. Ive noticed that all this does to me is make shield lock slower and makes the trolls easer to kill.