Question for all 01/19/2003 12:12 PM CST
so are there any arcane spells that are worth perm memorizing? Can anyone tell me about the mana disruption spell?
Re: Question for all 01/19/2003 01:11 PM CST
Can't perm memorize arcane spells... they don't fall under your guild no matter what guild your in <G>.

-Mozzik
Re: Question for all 01/19/2003 01:36 PM CST
> they don't fall under your guild no matter what guild your in <G>.

I'm an honorary member of the Goblin Shaman's Association. Now can I?

Seldaren
Re: Question for all 01/19/2003 01:55 PM CST
<Can't perm memorize arcane spells... they don't fall under your guild no matter what guild your in <G>.

Interesting... are ya sure? this is the message i get when i read it:

read scroll
The yellowed scroll contains a complete description of the Mana Disruption spell.

"The Mana Disruption spell drains the energy of its victims by summoning a mana parasite. The duration of the infestation is dependant on how overwhelming the spell is compared to the defenses of the target, but if infested, held mana spells in effect will be lost to the aethereal creature's ravenous hunger. Be warned that this Domination Sorcery can backfire with disastrous results to the caster."
You can choose to INVOKE this scroll to memorize Mana Disruption temporarily, or STUDY the scroll to permanently memorize it.
Roundtime: 15 sec.
Re: Question for all 01/19/2003 03:01 PM CST
>>>You can choose to INVOKE
this scroll to memorize Mana Disruption temporarily, or STUDY the scroll to
permanently memorize it.<<<

It tells you can INVOKE or STUDY it no matter what the spell is, and no matter if you can actually learn it or not. The checks for that are lengthy and be more trouble than they're worth to add just for the sake of messaging.

Rigby
Re: Question for all 01/22/2003 02:51 PM CST
>"You can choose to INVOKE this scroll to memorize Mana Disruption temporarily, or STUDY the scroll to permanently memorize it."

>"It tells you can INVOKE or STUDY it no matter what the spell is, and no matter if you can actually learn it or not. The checks for that are lengthy and be more trouble than they're worth to add just for the sake of messaging."

Would it not then bear a clause in the afformention messaging to the effect of "...if it is a [myclass] spell"?

DR is very, very badly documented as it is, it behooves features to be as self-explanatory as possible, since resources cannot be spared for documentation.

-Robert
Re: Question for all 01/23/2003 09:23 PM CST
Documentation in DR = Mentors

OR in some cases:

Documentation in DR = Fellow Guild Members/Order Members (if your in an Order)

and in some RARE cases:

Documentation = Website

(meant as a kinda fun thing, keep up the good work GM's)
~Callek

"A leaf is a leaf, a mug a mug, but if you drink from a leaf you might eat a bug."~My Brother Thonge's Quote of the week.