Are we supposed to 12/14/2002 01:28 PM CST
be able to see the specific spells that creatures prepare? I could have sworn that was one of the changes to critter casting, but I havn't been able to identify spells from even goblin shamans (so it's not a skill thing).

Kalyn
Re: Are we supposed to 12/14/2002 03:02 PM CST
>be able to see the specific spells that creatures prepare? I could have sworn that was one of the changes to critter casting, but I havn't been able to identify spells from even goblin shamans (so it's not a skill thing).

Have you learned the spells the shamans cast?

Qreyq

Come to the Pack House!
http://www.rakashpack.8m.com

Re: Are we supposed to 12/14/2002 03:10 PM CST
>Have you learned the spells the shamans cast?

Yes, and the ones swamp trolls cast. Neither critter was revealing what spell it was prepping.

Kalyn
Re: Are we supposed to 12/15/2002 10:40 AM CST
I have AL and ES; sometimes I see the trolls prepping the spells and sometimes I don't. Maybe they're attempting to hide their preparations?
Re: Are we supposed to 12/15/2002 01:38 PM CST
You are currently set to recognize known spells when prepared by someone else in the area. (Use SPELL RECOGNIZE OFF to change this.)

Is your spell recognize switch On or Off?

~ Celestian Kougen Aensworth
Re: Are we supposed to 12/15/2002 01:42 PM CST
>Is your spell recognize switch On or Off?

On. And I see them prepare every time, it's just not showing me what they prepare, which is automatic with players as long as you know the spell.

Kalyn
Re: Are we supposed to 12/17/2002 07:27 PM CST
i see swampies every time, i think its skill based, as for shamans they use that stick, and i think that masks thier spells, ill check into it

Rehlyn
Re: Are we supposed to 12/31/2002 01:00 PM CST
Still not seeing the spells creatures prepare.

A swamp troll begins growling a spell!

Vriana appears to be aiming at a swamp troll with her forest green crossbow.

Vriana retreats from combat.

A swamp troll bellows a word of power.
A brilliant flash of light issues from a swamp troll's hands.

spell
You recall the spells you have learned from your training.

In the chapter entitled "Aether Manipulation," you have notes on the Ethereal Shield [es] and Aether Cloak [ac] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Electricity Manipulation," you have notes on the Arc Light [al], Tingle, Lightning Bolt [lb], and Gar Zeng [gz] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Fire Manipulation," you have notes on the Fire Shard [fs] spell.

In the chapter entitled "Water Manipulation," you have notes on the Frostbite [frb], Ice Patch [ip], and Rising Mists [rm] spells.

In the chapter entitled "Earth Manipulation," you have notes on the Sure Footing [suf] spell.

In the chapter entitled "Air Manipulation," you have notes on the Zephyr, Paeldryth's Wrath [pw], and Swirling Winds [sw] spells.

You know the following cantrips:
Aether Spheres
Electric Charge
Water Globe
Air Blast
You are entitled to learn 3 more spells from your guild leader.

You are currently set to recognize known spells when prepared by someone else in the area.

Strength : 28 Reflex : 30
Agility : 24 Charisma : 10
Discipline : 26 Wisdom : 23
Intelligence : 21 Stamina : 25

Primary Magic: 236 06% learning Harness Ability: 226 79% perplexing
Power Perceive: 157 47% clear Magical Devices: 190 81% perplexing
Targeted Magic: 183 02% clear

I would hope that that would be plenty enough to see the spells they cast.

Kalyn
Re: Are we supposed to 12/31/2002 01:27 PM CST
I saw swamp trolls preparing Arc Light on the Taisidon Safari, with similar stats.(Some higher, some lower.)

Didn't happen all the time, tho, from what I remember.(I was half asleep half the time and fully asleep the other half. ::grins::)

-Chris

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.