IC test 09/18/2020 10:27 AM CDT

This test was run between a thief with (near cap) to avoid showing my exact skills..1700's and an empath who had only IC up with 300 evasion/shield/parry. Empath did cast VH to keep alive to get more hits in.

https://pastebin.com/yyKEw3JR
Re: IC test 09/19/2020 08:44 PM CDT
Based on how i understand IC to work, aren’t you technically better off spamming feint and landing smaller hits at a faster frequency vs repeatedly setting yourself up for your harder hits that take more time to land?

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: IC test 09/23/2020 10:44 AM CDT
The fact that IC isn't signature is just beyond me. The balance in PVP currently is probably the most it's ever been broken. If you are a magic user and can cap IC with sorcery then you become practically immune to physical and magic damage with the only exception being SA regardless of ranks. Stack that with the countless other damage barriers that can just be stacked on top of each other then unless you can match that 99.9% damage resistance then you cannot win that fight.

And to the comment, don't you just feint them to death? Really? You can't feint a TM spell, a backstab, a thrown weapon, a crossbow shot, a bow shot, a sling shot, or a AOE spell. The fact that 1 single non signature spell shuts down 99% of the offense in the game is the very definition of unbalance especially when it isn't available to everyone.

IC really should be a signature spell because right now its an instant win button for all but 2 guilds that possess a decent dispel. Even then you better hope they didn't stack a will barrier because then if the stat contest is dead even, the will barrier will win that contest.
Re: IC test 09/23/2020 02:12 PM CDT
Putting the toothpaste back in the tube at this point would be inappropriate, considering the $ spent on things like IC tattoos.

An alternative proposal would be to have it function differently in PvP than it does in PvE. My first thought is something like a pool of damage that it can absorb, and on each hit, you subtract the damage done from the damage that would have otherwise been done, then remove that much of the pool. When the pool depletes... something happens. Spell breaks, or it temporarily stops absorbing damage, etc.

However, at least in my experience, I think it's worth keeping in mind that without IC, the Thief just kind of... gets to win. When you propose a change to the defensive side, be prepared for a change to the offensive side.
Re: IC test 09/23/2020 03:13 PM CDT

If your going to do that kind of test, throw in an ambush slash before the backstab, then they can't cast that spell to live forever. Magic users such as empaths have that niche to stay alive with casting healing spells over and over and over. its like trying to stab a knife at melted butter. All its going to do is splash everywhere and not damage the butter cause its already in its rested state? heh. If said empath is stunned by ambush slash, they can't cast, backstab is going to kill them in a couple of hits. Can't just look at backstab as the end all kill hit. Its like back when stealth was king of the world, or back when parry was the king of the world. A stunned empath can't cast their spells. I don't think the test was done right. If they had an anti stun they could cast over and over in between backstabs and ambush slashses, than I'd have an issue. But they don't as far as I know. But I could be wrong. Just saying. Don't just look at the data of backstab vs healing over and over to stay alive. A stunned mage is a downed mage. :)

Dalkin/Jim
Re: IC test 10/08/2020 09:30 AM CDT
1. Ambush slash does nothing to spell casting..... what are you talking about?
2. This test did not include any type of casting or healing.
3. 1700 weapon vs 300 defense. To put this another way. Without IC it takes 1 hit. With IC it takes 30 hits. That's at LEAST 90 seconds of someone just standing there letting you widdle them to death.
4. IC doesn't just make backstab useless, it makes all damage sources useless. The very purpose of IC is to make all hits light hits. In the world of pvp you cannot lose unless you want to with IC on.
5. It is heavily used by non empaths to become nearly invincible.
6. The spell makes 100% sense on a empath, and it should only be available to empaths. However, it makes 0 sense on all magic using guilds that possess abilities that can 1-2 shot. while also possessing other damage mitigating barriers. There is 0 counter play to it.