Unannounced messaging changes 09/14/2020 10:43 AM CDT
When you (GMs) make changes to messaging can you please be sure to announce it? I noticed today that some of my backlash triggers weren't firing, so I'm missing months worth of backlash data that I cannot go back and replicate all because someone decided that there should be a comma in a couple of messages that weren't there before.

Specifically someone decided to change these:

Old backlash message:
The spell pattern resists the influx of <type> mana overloading your arcane senses in a torrent of uncontrolled power.
The spell pattern resists the influx of <type> mana as a strange itching sensation builds under your skin. Geysers of uncontrolled mana suddenly erupt from your flesh illuminating the surroundings in an excruciating display of blue-black fire!

New Backlash message:
The spell pattern resists the influx of <type> mana, overloading your arcane senses in a torrent of uncontrolled power.
The spell pattern resists the influx of <type> mana as a strange itching sensation builds under your skin. Geysers of uncontrolled mana suddenly erupt from your flesh, illuminating the surroundings in an excruciating display of blue-black fire!

And I don't even know if this is the ONLY change that was made, as there are other backlash messages that conceivably could have commas introduced, but I haven't hit them yet AFAIK.

Can a GM please post all the backlash messages that exist, since it is practically impossible for us to gather them on our own.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Unannounced messaging changes 09/14/2020 10:53 PM CDT
LOL, are you serious? You want GMs to post any time they make a text correction so that your scripts and data trackers are kept up to date? Um...I'm thinking the answer will be silence from them on these boards, and well it should be.

Rhadyn da Dwarb - Blood for fire!

Barbarian Guild Suggestions
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h4L5hAxR1-VLDegDNZBIhGdo5bMgnCtm84Icm2E0utU/edit#gid=0
Re: Unannounced messaging changes 09/15/2020 05:44 AM CDT
>I'm thinking

Don't really care.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Unannounced messaging changes 09/15/2020 08:58 AM CDT
We make typo corrections and messaging adjustments as a constant part of working on DR. It would be unreasonably cumbersome to make a forum post every time something is changed, which would take away from our available time to actually work on the game.

While we don't go out of our way to break anyone's scripts or routines, the responsibility for maintaining their functionality has to rest on the players using them.

-Haros
Re: Unannounced messaging changes 09/15/2020 09:46 AM CDT
>>It would be unreasonably cumbersome to make a forum post every time something is changed, which would take away from our available time to actually work on the game.

It would be neat if there was a monthly (maybe?) update about the fixes GMs made. The Tuesday new release updates are great, but I also know there's a ton of other stuff going on behind the scenes to help fine tune stuff.

I'm not talking about a breakdown of specific instances of everything being done, but more like:
1) Fixed script error with hats from new event shop.
2) Changed formatting of backlash messages.
3) Appraising armor's durability no longer checks against armor skill, and instead checks appraisal like everything else (I'd honestly love to see this one get fixed!).

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.