Nuggets in Boxes, Suck. 11/15/2013 08:13 PM CST
Could someone please look again at this system, it's really making a sizeable difference in the the overall coin worth of mobs that drop boxes.

You deftly remove a lockpick from the lockpick case and begin to work at quickly picking open the trunk.
With a soft click, you remove your lockpick and open and remove the lock.
You return your lockpick to the lockpick case.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

You open the wooden trunk...

In the wooden trunk you see a huge electrum nugget.

So this is an Intercessor box.
Average worth around 2.3 plat doks in coins and gems (if you exclude all of these "nugget" boxes).
Under the old system this would of been a platinum nugget that apps for around 2 plat doks and can be sold by a trader for another +60%.
Under the current system...
...examines the electrum nugget carefully, then hands you 4346 Dokoras.

Getting extremely sick of this.

Please just don't even make the argument about "you could be smelting them down and/or selling them to other players for more value".

If I was gonna do that, I would just afk-script mine with an alt character on a second account 18 hours a day like a lot of other miners.
Re: Nuggets in Boxes, Suck. 11/16/2013 12:09 AM CST
Yeah, gotta agree that they are awful.

I ignore most of the ones I find hunting or in boxes.
Re: Nuggets in Boxes, Suck. 11/16/2013 04:43 AM CST
A huge electrum nugget IS worth about 2 plat in the smelting system.

>I ignore most of the ones

I grab all the ones I see on the ground from people opening boxes before the cleanup mechanics get them.

Kaeta Airtag

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Nuggets in Boxes, Suck. 11/16/2013 11:02 AM CST
>>A huge electrum nugget IS worth about 2 plat in the smelting system.

Metals in boxes are weird. They won't app "right" until smelted. A tiny silver bugged from louts might app at 300 silver, while another tiny silver from orcs might app at 3000.

But, in either case, the appraiser also pays less because of the mechanics that exist to buffer a money explosion that could come by selling metals mined out.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Nuggets in Boxes, Suck. 11/16/2013 07:21 PM CST
I grab all of the Electrum and Silver ones and just smelt them when I have a bunch. Having a register now makes that really handy, deed each up, throw it in the register and once that gets full, I go and smelt. :)

It is annoying JUST having a nugget in a box, what is the point?
Re: Nuggets in Boxes, Suck. 11/16/2013 07:52 PM CST
>>I grab all of the Electrum and Silver ones and just smelt them when I have a bunch. Having a register now makes that really handy, deed each up, throw it in the register and once that gets full, I go and smelt. :)

I do too, but that's not really the primary issue I have with the nuggets, anyway.

The nugget's values readjust once you melt them into an ingot. Sometimes this raises the value, but more often than not it lowers the value.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Nuggets in Boxes, Suck. 11/18/2013 10:01 PM CST

You open the steel trunk...

In the steel trunk you see a jadice flower and a tiny electrum nugget.

Come on... this can't be intended.
Re: Nuggets in Boxes, Suck. 11/18/2013 10:27 PM CST
Depends entirely on how much that nugget appraised for.

Bear in mind that if you aren't smelting them, nuggets/bars have app value according to where they dropped just like gems. That could have been a 3 plat nugget.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Nuggets in Boxes, Suck. 11/18/2013 10:58 PM CST
>>That could have been a 3 plat nugget.

That's true, but materials sold to the gem shop are also hamstrung in value because the assumption is they're mined out, not found in boxes.

If I find a 1 plat diamond it pretty much sells for 1 plat at the gem shop. If I find a 1 plat tiny electrum nugget it sells for 4 gold.

Re: Nuggets in Boxes, Suck. 10/12/2016 06:13 PM CDT

Necro-ing this post because its still a huge issue to me.

The average Cabalists box is worth ~4 plat.

When the loot generator rolls 1 nugget this is cut to ~2 plat.

When the loot generator rolls 2 nuggets this is cut to ~6 gold.

I'm not saying it needs to be a direct adjustment to match coin-value of the old gem system. Although it should be.

I've come to accept that nuggets are here to stay, but at the very least could someone please make some better nuggets in the same way that there better gems as you go up through the critter ladder?