Survival skill set (HLCs) 03/22/2013 11:10 PM CDT
Ok, so I have a bit issue with the train-ability of a number of our skills in the survival set. While needing 8 survivals to circle, it is very annoying to have the reqs that we do, with the skills in the state that they are in.

Stealth. Currently, the only way to learn stealth is to snipe at melee, and even that is slow. I cant learn from ambushing. I can lock my bow while stealth sits at 5-6/32. This is hunting in drakes, so I'm by no means underhunting.

Skinning. This has been horrible. Arranging 5 times, with a 2HE (although I believe in 3.0 a 2HE teaches the same as LE, which is a bit annoying) I can lock 4 different weapons, and not get past 5/32. I did manage to get to 10/32, with a second person in the room killing things, while I skinned everything, but 10/32 was the best I could do, and having a second person all the time is not practical at all. It's been said a number of times. Kills take longer. With Drakes (hardest skin in the game) even longer, because of their self heal ability. I dont understand how people can gain 2-3 mindstates from one skin, while I'm lucky to move 1 mindstate.

*First Aid*. Can A GM please comment on how this is supposed to be trained? I know (Kodius I think) said its a bug, but its annoying that an external bleeder that has no internal wounds, if hit, will automatically end up in a stun, and an equal internal bleeder. I currently have no way to train it, yet it sits in my top 8 skills, unable to be trained in combat because of a bug. It already adds a huge amount of danger to combat without a bug making it worse. We need more/better ways to train this. In the meantime, I'd like wounds not to get worse when hit, if you are still above 90% vit and I'd like for the bug to get fixed.

I have issues with the limited use of the other skills, rather than the train-ability.

Re: Survival skill set (HLCs) 03/22/2013 11:31 PM CDT
>>In the meantime, I'd like wounds not to get worse when hit, if you are still above 90% vit and I'd like for the bug to get fixed.

I think Kodius said that the bug was not fixable, if I understood correctly what he was referring to recently

Apu
_
Respect. Integrity. World Domination.
https://sites.google.com/site/apucorpdr/
Re: Survival skill set (HLCs) 03/23/2013 12:02 AM CDT
>> I think Kodius said that the bug was not fixable, if I understood correctly what he was referring to recently

Yeah he said engine bug and not fixable. Hopefully they can come up with a different work around as it's a pretty big deal.
Re: Survival skill set (HLCs) 03/23/2013 12:05 AM CDT
>Stealth. Currently, the only way to learn stealth is to snipe at melee, and even that is slow. I cant learn from ambushing. I can lock my bow while stealth sits at 5-6/32. This is hunting in drakes, so I'm by no means underhunting.

What are your actions? I'm sitting at over 1100 stealth and I'm getting to around 30/34 with Elders in approximately 10 minutes. This is hide, dual load, aim, stalk fourth, stalk third, stalk second, stalk first, snipe. From loading until sniping I'm averaging 3-4 mind states. My bow is at 25/34 while my stealth is at 30/34

>Skinning. This has been horrible. Arranging 5 times, with a 2HE (although I believe in 3.0 a 2HE teaches the same as LE, which is a bit annoying) I can lock 4 different weapons, and not get past 5/32. I did manage to get to 10/32, with a second person in the room killing things, while I skinned everything, but 10/32 was the best I could do, and having a second person all the time is not practical at all. It's been said a number of times. Kills take longer. With Drakes (hardest skin in the game) even longer, because of their self heal ability. I dont understand how people can gain 2-3 mindstates from one skin, while I'm lucky to move 1 mindstate.

Yeah skinning with a 2HE doesn't matter since we don't get penalized as Rangers. Maybe the experience in drakes is dismal, or maybe the length of time it takes to kill them is too long, what is your average kill time? I haven't checked them out yet so I also don't know how long it's taking to kill one. In Elders skinning with 1050+ skinning, I am moving 2 mind states per arrange x 5 and a skin. I'm averaging around 25-30 seconds per kill and I am getting skinning to about 7-8 in approximately 5 minutes.

I know you're higher in ranks in both Skinning and Stealth it just seems really skewed if you're within a few hundred ranks since I'm learning both of those skills comfortably. Maybe Drake exp needs some love, I don't know.

I'd echo the sentiments on First Aid though.
Re: Survival skill set (HLCs) 03/23/2013 12:08 AM CDT
<<Yeah he said engine bug and not fixable.

Dont understand how this is true, since it wasnt a problem in 2.0.

Falker
Re: Survival skill set (HLCs) 03/23/2013 03:38 AM CDT
>>Yeah he said engine bug and not fixable.

>Dont understand how this is true, since it wasnt a problem in 2.0.

In 3.0, wounds interface with combat via mechanics that did not exist in 2.0

Kodius didn't quote who he was replying to so it's not entirely clear, but one might assume that the scripting-engine code that is intercepting wound-creation based on vitality levels is not getting along with the compiled-engine wound stuff.

But even under 2.0 First Aid was a pile of well-meaning nonsense.
Re: Survival skill set (HLCs) 03/23/2013 01:44 PM CDT
I am assuming the issue is a scaling xp issue that is aggrivated at the higher end. currently I have 0 issues training as survival prime other than the capping evasion before I have enough shield/parry/weapon to move to next critter.

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Khiol
"Burn him! Burn him!" You hear the cries echo around you as everyone in the vicinity suddenly moves away, giving you a wide berth! It goes without saying you'll be wanted for forbidden practices in The Rakash
Re: Survival skill set (HLCs) 03/23/2013 09:09 PM CDT
I'm only sitting at 500-600 skinning and i'm having some major problems moving things. The best skinning exp I get is from perform harvest as a necromancer its pretty much just as good as a regular arrange and skin and I also gain thanantology, but If I preserve and skin I barely gain anything as far as thanantology and minimal skinning. I hunt apes and I would like to at least get some skins since they don't drop loot. I know we had a thanantology tweak that was reverted (not sure why) but I'm hoping something can be reached soon so its possible to learn at least a somewhat decent thanantology amount while also being able to skin.