Easy skills gone away or dumb to stay 02/09/2013 11:00 AM CST
I understand that vocals were always a bit easy to train but completely taking them out as both a training tool AND in conversion ranks? You guys made it available for use, it's not like we were exploiting a bug or something.

There was literally no reason to train them whatsoever. 400 ranks later of humming stupid ballads, wedding marches and waltzes abashedly on super-mean death-toon and there's no payoff? Cutting it down to 1/4th would have been fine even. Did they just disappear into the exp pool?

And brawling being used in tactics conversion? A case could be made for any weapon counting (say your highest?) towards tactics. Brawling seems pretty arbitrary. I never found it to be a worthwhile skill to train (always been pretty buggy) and what it could teach you about tactics that trying to bow hunt at melee or parrying with a light edge couldn't I can't imagine. Any idiot can throw up their arm to stop a sword strike (parry sticks) defensive wounds are always found on a victim's forearms. Try parrying a broadsword with a kitchen knife though or dodging it altogether. That's a universal skill that ostensibly requires quite a bit of tactical knowledge (evasion).

Scholarship I sort of get just as the 'brain part' though what reading a bunch of race charts has to do with your ability to make quick decisions in combat I fail to see other than limbering up the old grey matter and again, Intelligence is a universal that could have been used here as well.

I realize I'm late to the punch here on an opinion about it but there it is all the same. I really hate circle/bob/weave.

Avrii says, "I'll train while youre not on and other than that you'll never see me."
You say, "Maybe y'should start wif that."
Re: Easy skills gone away or dumb to stay 02/09/2013 11:04 AM CST
>>there's no payoff?

A long-term RPA for all other lores sounds like a nice payoff for a skill most people didn't care about except for TDPs to begin with.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Easy skills gone away or dumb to stay 02/09/2013 11:12 AM CST
>>Did Vocals just disappear into the exp pool?

In your Lore bonus pool.

~ Leilond
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/Leilond_Progression.jpg
Re: Easy skills gone away or dumb to stay 02/09/2013 11:53 AM CST
What others said, my 800 ranks in vocals are going to keep tactics moving really nice for a long long long time.

- Buuwl
Re: Easy skills gone away or dumb to stay 02/09/2013 11:53 AM CST
Dude...

This horse has been dead for like a year.

And 3.0 already happened, so.... yeah. Super late to the punch.
Re: Easy skills gone away or dumb to stay 02/09/2013 12:56 PM CST
>> A case could be made for any weapon counting (say your highest?) towards tactics. Brawling seems pretty arbitrary. I never found it to be a worthwhile skill to train (always been pretty buggy) and what it could teach you about tactics that trying to bow hunt at melee or parrying with a light edge couldn't I can't imagine. Any idiot can throw up their arm to stop a sword strike (parry sticks) defensive wounds are always found on a victim's forearms. Try parrying a broadsword with a kitchen knife though or dodging it altogether. That's a universal skill that ostensibly requires quite a bit of tactical knowledge (evasion).

Said it in the other thread, brawling is not arbitrary. The maneuvers that now train tactics (circle, weave, bob, grapple, shove) used to be brawling maneuvers, so there is nothing arbitrary about figuring brawling into the tactics calculation.

If anything, I think counting scholarship twice was rather arbitrary.