Pirate Ship Problems 02/22/2012 07:42 PM CST
Ok, I didn't have to think very hard to get 3 stars on the non-challenge levels. I managed to muddle through to 3 stars on "Goner Among Epic Thieves" after about 3 or 4 tries.

I'm about to pull out my hair on Pirate Ship Problems. Anybody have any tips on this one? Even a hint might help.
Re: Pirate Ship Problems 02/23/2012 06:38 AM CST
I'm stucked on that level too... Bah too hard
Re: Pirate Ship Problems 02/23/2012 08:56 AM CST

I'll have a bash at it tonight. Goner is kicking my ass, but I've 3-starred the third challenge.
Re: Pirate Ship Problems 02/23/2012 09:00 AM CST
Baka, if you start a thread about Goner, I'll post how I got my 3 stars. I'm stumped on that 3rd challenge (Twisty Passages) too but figured I'd try that one again a few times before I beg for help on it.
Re: Pirate Ship Problems 02/23/2012 09:56 AM CST

I'll gi' it a few more goes first :)
Re: Pirate Ship Problems 02/24/2012 05:16 AM CST

Right, just this fella to go now.

I suspect the key is in funnelling the epics into the centre with the mimics, but the epic knights have a habit of wtfpwning four of 'em at once...
Re: Pirate Ship Problems 02/24/2012 06:00 AM CST

Oh hey, did it. Poke me if you want my advice :)
Re: Pirate Ship Problems 02/24/2012 08:41 AM CST
Hey ppl this is actually really simple but it's easy to get distracted. Go right to the end and just keep placing balistas and tribalistas, they don't cost too much so you can get lots. Ignore the instinct to protect other areas or traps. When epic knights come along, use bombs or skeletons to kill them quicker as they are the only ones who can really damage your traps. 3 stars easy, happy playing.
Re: Pirate Ship Problems 02/24/2012 08:57 AM CST
Thanks so much EPICKITTY! It still took me a couple of times before I got it. The key is to completely ignore all the heroes unless they get into the area with your ballistas and tribal-istas and start attacking them. Most of the time the heroes get to where they take a bit of damage and then turn around and wander away before they try to attack my defenses.

At the end of the final wave I had 3 or 4 epic knights just wandering around, and I'd bomb them periodically when I thought I could hurt two of them at once. I didn't use anything but ballistas, tribal-istas, and bomb.
Re: Pirate Ship Problems 02/24/2012 08:58 AM CST
Correction: I did use skeletons a few times too.
Re: Pirate Ship Problems 02/24/2012 09:16 PM CST
As the designer of the level, here's the strategy I found most effective:

Place a ballista about 2 cells down each hallway, which will cause all the heroes to funnel through the center. Leave both of the doors containing the 'booty' open at all times. Line the inlet near the door on the left side with tribalistas; the heroes will ignore them. Use bombs and ballistas to distract and kill all the non-epic heroes. Ignore the epics and allow them to walk into their own demise in the Mimic room.

Early on you'll probably have some spare cash, so place Gorks and tribalistas in the back half of the dungeon to prepare for the final waves.

Focus all your efforts on keeping the non-epics from reaching the Mimics, otherwise you will lose valuable chomping time. Make the Epic Knights use their ground pound on ballistas or skeletons and NOT on your Mimics. They won't survive otherwise.

By the last two waves or so, you'll likely lose all your Mimics, and you'll need to rely on your stockpile of defenses in the back half of the dungeon.

Good luck!

-- Tiny Heroes Designer