Better Dungeon, Better Gardens, Lava Crystals, no treasure, help. 03/14/2012 02:44 PM CDT

So I finally one starred off to flee the wizard and unlocked the lava crystal and garden, but I need help.

Hard level
One star
You beat that level?
You've come far
Help me out
I'll help you back
Help me with this hero attack

Can any other defense be placed on a lava vent?
Re: Better Dungeon, Better Gardens, Lava Crystals, no treasure, help. 03/14/2012 03:09 PM CDT
For that level I just put mana on the lava vent. You can put lava lobber or baby dragon on vents too but you won't have unlocked either of those yet.

The key is to keep the heroes in those two horizontal corridors. Tentacle gardens are great, particularly with the knights and epic knights. If you plant tentacle gardens where a knight walking up to them is in range of a tribal-ista or lightning tower, the knight usually stands there whacking at the tentacle garden while taking damage. They recharge just about immediately, and they are cheap.

I posted a rather lengthy comment about this level in this thread:
http://tinyheroes.com/forums/Tiny%20Heroes/Level%20Strategies/The%20Sorcerer%27s%20Keep%20Campaign/thread/1433898
Re: Better Dungeon, Better Gardens, Lava Crystals, no treasure, help. 03/14/2012 03:19 PM CDT

I know knights will just whack the gardens, but these tips and the other tips are a little confusing. Plus, a lot of times an epic wizard will actually go in the room with the two lava vents and destroy the mana there. And considering there are no mana pools, if the "lava crystals" (mana crystals placed on lava vents)are destroyed, I'm dead if the heroes put up a better fight. And I can already tell that keeping a barricade, makeshift or stunning or even regular, is going to be harder than you could know.
Re: Better Dungeon, Better Gardens, Lava Crystals, no treasure, help. 03/14/2012 03:38 PM CDT
For the mana crystals on vents near the front, I keep at least one tribal-ista or lightning tower in that alcove, and I just replace them if they are destroyed. There's another vent in the rear, right? And you can put extra mana crystals in the rear, not on vents too.
Re: Better Dungeon, Better Gardens, Lava Crystals, no treasure, help. 03/15/2012 08:35 PM CDT

Tried all of the above. Nothing. The mana got destroyed, I couldn't replace the tower, and I was totally cleaned out.
Re: Better Dungeon, Better Gardens, Lava Crystals, no treasure, help. 03/15/2012 08:36 PM CDT

And yes, yes there is.
Re: Better Dungeon, Better Gardens, Lava Crystals, no treasure, help. 03/15/2012 08:39 PM CDT
I guess you will have to wait until I can post a video of it on YouTube. My iPad 2 is supposed to arrive tomorrow, and I plan to figure out how to take videos of gameplay this weekend. I'll have to start from the beginning though, so it might be a few weeks before I get one uploaded for you. (this isn't my job, it's my hobby)
Re: Better Dungeon, Better Gardens, Lava Crystals, no treasure, help. 03/17/2012 02:13 PM CDT
Video walkthrough posted:
http://youtu.be/vgz2r4V4zG4