Clerics
Leveled up
Epics in use
Rigorous attack
I can't beat the intro
Calling for help

Help me!
Re: No defenses, no treasure, Epic clerics? No way! 02/15/2012 09:48 PM CST
Exactly which level are you stuck on? I don't see the title of a level. Clerical Work? You're Fired?
Re: No defenses, no treasure, Epic clerics? No way! 02/17/2012 01:39 PM CST

Did you even see what was under "I"?!?!?!?
Re: No defenses, no treasure, Epic clerics? No way! 02/18/2012 08:31 PM CST

Clerical work. The first time a hero is shown, the stage is called an intro. That simple.
Re: No defenses, no treasure, Epic clerics? No way! 02/18/2012 09:11 PM CST
On another thread Simu-Stephen said:
One of the game's most powerful combos really shines on this level, since there's that nice big open space at the front of the dungeon. That combo is the Sticky Tar and the Bomb. If you can keep bombing whatever wanders into the entryway, and have a few Ballistas blocking the top and bottom corridors, the incoming heroes get wrecked.

Ideally, you can get heroes to walk down to the bottom corridor, see it's blocked, then turn around and head towards the top, all the while being hit by more Ballistas and Bombs.

(back to me)
I remember this one being horribly difficult the first time I hit it, but going back after unlocking lightning tower and perforator, it's pretty easy.

I'll see if I can figure out how to beat it with just the Dungeon defenses, plus tribal-ista. I assume you already have tribal-ista.
Re: No defenses, no treasure, Epic clerics? No way! 02/18/2012 09:29 PM CST
Ok, I just got 3 stars using this strategy:

mana crystals
tribal-ista
ballista
tar
bomb
spring trap
floor spikes

1. Spam mana crystals, in the protected areas and near the treasure room.

2. Defend the two choke points near the front, at top and bottom. It might work with just ballista, but I used tribal-istas. I alternated top and bottom until I had 3 at the top and 3 at the bottom. If a tribal-ista was destroyed and couldn't be replaced immediately, I replaced it using a ballista.

3. One or two non-epic heroes can be ignored - the shooters will take them out.

4. When a group of heroes or an epic hero shows up, drop tar in the middle of the large area and bomb (in either order). The idea is to try to keep the tar from touching any of the tribal-istas or ballistas (because they would then burn).

5. If the epic hero doesn't die quickly after the bomb, plant floor spikes right on top of him/her.

6. When you have lots of mana and 6 tribal-istas, plant a spring trap in each corridor, behind the tribal-istas. Or you can probably just wait to see if an epic looks like he might be getting through the tribal-istas and use it then. The spring traps don't hurt the heroes but they do kick them back to the entrance so your defenses have another chance at them, and you have a chance to replace one of the tribal-istas and possibly using bomb again.

I had two epics that hit spring traps, but none of the heroes got any further than that on me.