Hook, Line and Ranger!! 02/02/2012 11:57 AM CST
CANT do this one AT ALL!!!!!! Pleeeaaaasseee someone help
Re: Hook, line and ranger! 02/01/2012 09:15 PM CST
Do you have any of the achievement defenses or the purchasable defense pack, or are you limited to just the basics up to that level (SK #9)?

General idea is to defend the choke point that is in the middle of the board, but you won't have lightning tower or slime yet. I use floor spikes and slime in the horizontal part of that choke point, with perhaps a "disposable" shooter at the right. Hmmm... tar might work, then use either bomb or fire blast or rock drop, when you have a group of them, particularly if there's an epic in there.

Put a bunch of shooters right below that horizontal part, particularly one tile to the right from the bend. This means that the rangers can't zap them from 2-3 tiles away, and when they do reach the point where they are going to shoot, they aren't shooting down at your main defenses but parallel to them (with a disposable shooter there). Since I spam mana crystals on the right, I usually end up with about a dozen shooters in that area, which really hurts the heroes that make it to the opening.

When the rangers show up, it's important to get them to fire their first shot away from your defenses. Try dropping a skeleton either on the right or behind him (on the left) right before the ranger gets to where he can see your shooters. This makes him waste his most powerful shot.

While I haven't tried it, a mimic might work right there just around the bend too. Maybe.

Don't bother with wall blades - there aren't any good spots for them.
Re: Hook, line and ranger! 02/02/2012 01:14 PM CST
(Since the OP in the thread where the above post deleted their thread, I decided to move this helpful post into this near-identical thread. You're welcome. :P)
Re: Hook, line and ranger! 02/02/2012 01:23 PM CST
Thanks Simu-Stephen!

It occurs to me that pack rats might make good distractions for the rangers too, and have the added advantage of being able to return gold to the treasure room if a hero does sneak through.
Re: Hook, line and ranger! 02/02/2012 02:15 PM CST
The majority of the time I use Pack Rat, it's as a distraction. For me, he's become quite skilled at catching arrows. :)

--Simutronics QA Intern
Follow us on Twitter! @TinyHeroesGame
Re: Hook, line and ranger! 03/14/2012 02:53 PM CDT

Three words:
Mana
Ballista
Triballista.
You know how people say to fight fire with fire, right? Well, fight arrows with arrows! Have the repair spell? Very useful.
Re: Hook, Line and Ranger!! 03/22/2013 11:05 AM CDT

Find a spot that you can defend then defend with tribilistas billastas and gorks