Ranger danger 01/22/2012 03:13 PM CST

I can't get past the level
Re: Ranger danger 01/22/2012 03:56 PM CST
Place mana crystals as fast as you can near the treasure room, to block it off. This has two good reasons: lots of mana = lots of points for placing defenses, and if heroes get past your defenses the mana will slow them down while you try to kill them.

Put either a barricade or floor spikes behind the triballista, with a shooter behind that. You are going to lose that catapult, so just plan on putting another shooter in. I don't bother stocking catapults because they recharge so slowly. Floor spikes in front of the triballistas are a reasonable idea too.

Put either a mana crystal or barricade or even a shooter right past the wall press at the bottom. The idea is to trap any heroes that come in that entrance long enough that the wall press finishes them off.

When a ranger comes, there are two strategies:
1. Place something cheap off to the side so that he gets distracted and blows it away, but not your main defenses.

2. Place your shooter just past a corner, so that he can't shoot at it until he is right on top of it. If you have floor spikes where he will stand to shoot at your weapon, that's even better.

My goal is to keep the heroes trapped near the entrance (on the left or on the bottom) as long as possible. Sometimes they get through anyway near the end of the level, but by then I have the treasure room blocked off with mana crystals, so I can plant shooters or drop a bomb or something to take them out.
Re: Ranger danger 02/11/2012 06:49 AM CST
although this is useful, I never seem to cope with the last few waves.
I've only unlocked triballistas.
sounds stupid but could you give a more precise step by step walkthrough please?