High Score Challenge: "Trinity of Blades" 09/11/2011 10:13 PM CDT
Calling all Dungeon Masters! I'm issuing a challenge for any and all to beat my high score of 10,269 in the Dungeon level, "Trinity of Blades." I'm using a very particular strategy to pull off the score, and I'm not sure if there's a better one out there. However, if there is, that's half the fun!

Check the OpenFeint leaderboards to see how you're measuring up, and use this thread to talk strategy, tactics, or trash. :p

If you beat my score, you can share your winning strategy, or be coy and tease the rest of us until we figure it out. Just remember that it's all in good fun, so be respectful to your fellow Dungeon Masters!

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: High Score Challenge: "Trinity of Blades" 09/12/2011 12:25 PM CDT
I apologize if this is posted somewhere else, but can you give me some ideas of the different ways to boost your score?

Obviously sending waves early must give you a boost, but can you give me some other ways that your score increases? Do you get more points for having more mana, or for using fewer units, or is there a multiplier for killing multiple enemies at one time?

That'll help me develop a strat to CRUSH YOU... :)
Re: High Score Challenge: "Trinity of Blades" 09/12/2011 01:29 PM CDT
Our numbers guy who wrote the system would kill me if I revealed too much, but here's what I can tell you. These are the following criteria on which you are judged:

*Level Score
*Star Bonus
*Treasure Remaining Bonus
*Heroes Killed Bonus
*Speed Bonus
*Wave Bonus
*Efficiency Bonus

Now as you can probably see, the top half of this list kind of all go hand in hand with earning a three star rating. The big three that you'll need to pay mind to are Speed, Wave, and Efficiency. The Speed Bonus is measured in straight up seconds, so nothing fancy there. The Wave Bonus is determined by sending waves early. How many waves and how early they're sent are both measured. The Efficiency Bonus is how much Mana you SPENT during the level; note that it's NOT how much you earned.

Hope that helps!

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: High Score Challenge: "Trinity of Blades" 09/12/2011 01:52 PM CDT

It did help! I just got 10,297!

I will say that I used an achievement-unlockable defense to help :)

Thanks for the tips!
Re: High Score Challenge: "Trinity of Blades" 09/12/2011 11:50 PM CDT
I see your score loud and clear! Looks like I've been dethroned; that didn't take long. :p

I'd be interested to find out what your achievement-involving strategy was, as I can't really come up with a cheaper/faster way to win than the strategy I had used. If I had to guess, I'd say it involved the Perforator. >_>

Anyway, congratulations! Now it's time for someone else to step up to the plate and beat YOUR score!

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: High Score Challenge: "Trinity of Blades" 09/13/2011 01:47 AM CDT

If no one beats my score in a week I'll tell you my strat... And if someone does beat it within the week I'll tell you immediately because who cares, it's not a winning strat anyway!

Perforator? Really? Hmmm....
Re: High Score Challenge: "Trinity of Blades" 09/13/2011 02:08 AM CDT

Aaaaaand my score was already CRUSHED! Someone scored 10373, holy crap!

Well, now I can tell you that my strategy involved using... The Spire! I think that I basically just blocked them and then used the fire and the fire blast and the rock drop to clear both lanes... I thought my strat was top o' the heap but I got beat by over 80 points... I'd be VERY interested to learn the strategy!
Re: High Score Challenge: "Trinity of Blades" 09/13/2011 02:44 AM CDT

Okay, I admit it, I'm obsessed with the game...

...And I also scored 10382 :)
Re: High Score Challenge: "Trinity of Blades" 09/13/2011 10:13 AM CDT

Spire, fire blast, rock, living wall, and a lot of frantic tapping... Seems speed and wave frequency compensate for the extra mana usage.
Re: High Score Challenge: "Trinity of Blades" 09/13/2011 04:57 PM CDT

cool level... And its a cool challenge.