Forum improvement 02/16/2012 06:35 AM CST
Many times I know that I've seen a post giving tips on a given level, but can't find it. I've been resorting to using Google. If I use "tinyheroes.com" and the name of the level as my search string, it will usually give me links to the pages I need on the forum.

A search box here on the forum would be most useful. It should be pretty easy to just leverage Google's search if the forum software doesn't provide a search. I have forum admin experience with three different forum software products and all three of them did have a built-in search.

What is more disturbing however is that if there are more than 20 threads in a subforum, there's no way to see the earlier threads without resorting to Google. This means that if nobody has bumped a thread about level X in the Sorceror's Keep section in a couple of months, then when somebody looks for tips on level X they won't find them, and they will start a new thread (which pushes one of the others off the visible list of 20).

Most people aren't going to realize that there are threads they aren't seeing listed, much less know how to use Google to find them.

Thanks in advance. Any help in this area would be appreciated.
Re: Forum improvement 02/20/2012 12:36 AM CST

+1