Need help with the cleaner 01/28/2012 02:48 PM CST
To be able to unlock the defence the cleaner I have to complete goblin city and keep 9 gork cages intact. I find it impossibe to complete the level, let alone get the achievement. The giant waves of heroes overpower my defences. I've heard the tactic on blocking the nine back gork cages but still, with about 2 giant waves still to go the heroes destroy my blockages, destroy the nine gork cages, wreck my mama crystals and run away with the treasure. Please help. Thankyou for your assistance.

Re: Need help with the cleaner 01/28/2012 04:57 PM CST
This is what I posted back in October, before the rebalancing:
I had already gotten 3 stars in Goblin City, and after many many tries finally got the gorks to survive past those double epic wizards. The key to that part (for me) was putting barricades immediately in front of the gorks at those two choke points (entrance to the place with the 9 gorks in the rear), wall blades right in front of the barricades, and living walls right in front of THAT. This meant replacing a lot of living walls, but the heroes tend to just wander vertically because all the see is the barricade 2-3 tiles in - giving me time to drop a bomb, and time to replace living walls. It was really tight at the end, with an epic knight battering one barricade while an epic mage did the other, and only one bomb, but just about when the mage's barricade fell apart, she succumbed to the wall blades.

AFTER the rebalancing it's trickier, but still do-able. You just might need several tries until you get lucky.
Re: Need help with the cleaner 01/29/2012 06:16 AM CST
I have completed goblin cith. Unfortunately I couldn't get all of my back gorks to survive. I even got 3 stars, but I didn't quite keep all of the 9 gorks safe! I keep trying and hopefully get the cleaner. If anybody knows what it does please tell me. I used the tactic with floor spikes rather than wall blades because I find that they do more damage faster. It is a really hard achievement!
Re: Need help with the cleaner 01/29/2012 08:23 AM CST
The spires is another type of barricade. It's cheap, so it's a great emergency barricade, and it has the nice advantage that if you place it on top of a hero it damages the hero (only while being placed and it has to be right on top of the hero so timing is tricky).
Re: Need help with the cleaner 01/30/2012 10:18 AM CST
I have got the achievent but I didn't unlock the cleaner. The other thing is something about revealing a workshop campaign. I really want the cleaner. I thought I was all ready completed because it was glowling like all the other completed achievements. It's called "but wait there's more". Please help in unlocking it!
Re: Need help with the cleaner 01/30/2012 10:52 AM CST
Any achievement unlockable defense that says "but wait there's more" can't be unlocked yet. I have several of those waiting for the Workshop campaign to be released.
Re: Need help with the cleaner 01/30/2012 11:04 AM CST
Thankyou but how long will it take for the workshop campaign,;: Weeks, months, 6 months.