False Wall 09/12/2011 11:28 PM CDT

Can someone explain the reasoning behind this one? It cost 20 to cast, but it barely lasts 5 seconds, if that much....

For 20 mana, it should persist a bit longer, like until someone walks through it...

Thanks.
Re: False Wall 09/12/2011 11:45 PM CDT
You can check out the False Wall's awesome powers in our walk through of "That Voodoo That You Do" on the front page of our website. I'll also link it here for good measure. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5euMdz766Q&feature=feedlik

Being able to reroute heroes in a pinch is an exceedingly powerful mechanic, especially when the difficulty of levels really starts to ramp up. Just remember that Epic Wizards are too smart to fall for your trickery. ;)

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: False Wall 09/13/2011 12:47 AM CDT

Ah, I see.....

Time to replay a little. Doesn't fit my current style but willing to try new things. I prefer a more autonomous dungeon but I can see the fun in being playing a more active DM.

Thanks!
Re: False Wall 09/13/2011 12:52 AM CDT
Yeah, it definitely doesn't fit everybody's playstyle. I think describing your as "autonomous" really helps paint a picture of the various styles the game can offer. I've always been more of a "let me come to you" kind of player, so I love attacking their feeble minds on a psychological level with stuff like the False Wall and Looker. A confused Hero is as good as a dead Hero. :D

Also, there will be a free level pack coming out soon with some really zany levels that use the False Wall, so hopefully you'll have mastered its quirks by the time it goes live.

-- Tiny Heroes Designer
Re: False Wall 09/13/2011 09:50 AM CDT

Wunderbar!